cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ElDab67
Engaged Sweeper III
99% of the files imported but I have one file that won't...I put it in the import folder and it disappears but the asset doesn't show up in my list.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
If you're sending the file via email, your email program could be adding information to the file, resulting in corruption. You can run LsPush with the /file parameter to have the scan results copied to a file instead. Perhaps uploading/downloading the file somewhere instead of sending it via email will give you better results.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
mwrobo09
Champion Sweeper
I also had this issue where scans were run at an offsite facility that my company acquired. LSPush was run on each site and the files were zipped and sent to me for import. I copied the files to the server in the import folder and only 6 of 26 imported. I looked in the error log and I see the same message about gzip header for the 20 that did not. I can send the files in if needed.
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
An example would be a virus scanner adding virus check information to the file. This is just an example though. There could be other modifications being made to the file, which we have no control over. If you suspect modifications are being made, run LsPush with the /file parameter instead and upload/download the file somewhere. If you run LsPush with the /file parameter, the scan results will only be copied to a file, not attached to an email.
ElDab67
Engaged Sweeper III
What sort of information gets added? Is this the email client problem? Any ideas how to fix this? I've discovered this problem is more widespread than I initially thought. I need a solution to this since nearly all my users are remote.
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
If you're sending the file via email, your email program could be adding information to the file, resulting in corruption. You can run LsPush with the /file parameter to have the scan results copied to a file instead. Perhaps uploading/downloading the file somewhere instead of sending it via email will give you better results.
ElDab67
Engaged Sweeper III
I've had them recreate this file and each one still won't import. Any idea what could cause the corruption?
Michael_V
Champion Sweeper III
This error happens when the lspush file is corrupt.
ElDab67
Engaged Sweeper III
Yes, quite a few actually.

"
12/31/2015 13:26:11: LSPUSH Import decrypt C:\Program Files (x86)\Lansweeper\Service\\import\WORKGROUP-JOEL-HP.ls.txt The magic number in GZip header is not correct. Make sure you are passing in a GZip stream."
Michael_V
Champion Sweeper III
Do you see any errors in the service\errorlog.txt file?