cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
crichie
Engaged Sweeper
Hello:

If I manually input an asset (PC), and later on it is scanned but has a different "Asset Name", is there a way Lansweeper will overwrite the manual record I put in with the one that is scanned?

To give an example:

I receive about 20 PCs from Dell. I input them manually for record keeping purposes until they are "staged" by the technicians. Lansweeper will eventually scan the PC that is staged, but it doesn't appear to overwrite my original record. I'd prefer it would, otherwise I have duplicate records with the same Serial number (Service Tag).

Thanks,
Chris

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
You need to either:
- Submit the correct computer name *and* domain name on the asset page you manually create. Also make sure the asset type is set to "Windows". Only then will Lansweeper update the existing page when the computer is scanned, as a computer's domain name/computer name combination is its internal ID.
- Enable rename detection in the Lansweeper web console under Configuration/Scanning Setup/Server Options and submit the correct MAC address, model and serial number on the asset page you manually create. Also make sure the asset type is set to "Windows". Rename detection identifies Windows computers based on MAC, model and serial.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
You need to either:
- Submit the correct computer name *and* domain name on the asset page you manually create. Also make sure the asset type is set to "Windows". Only then will Lansweeper update the existing page when the computer is scanned, as a computer's domain name/computer name combination is its internal ID.
- Enable rename detection in the Lansweeper web console under Configuration/Scanning Setup/Server Options and submit the correct MAC address, model and serial number on the asset page you manually create. Also make sure the asset type is set to "Windows". Rename detection identifies Windows computers based on MAC, model and serial.