cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jwood_mls
Champion Sweeper
I have a range of IP's I'm scanning - generally the stuff in there is set up with snmp, which is great, but it also includes some linux servers that give me the most comprehensive info via ssh and some scanning credentials i set up.

So for some reason, a couple of months, these devices quit being "seen". The error was the "New scan found 0 MAC addresses...". So I tested by running the device tester and found that SSH was working fine, but I wasn't getting any via snmp, which was expected, because i didn't have a community name set up on those servers.

So just for giggles, I set up the community name and tested it, and sure enough, now snmp querying is working, but it's not bringing in much info. I had hoped that adding snmp in would be cumulative - that any data gathered via ssh would be added to snmp value and then it was also mark as being seen, but instead the info gathered via SSH is not showing up (partition info, etc).

Is there a way to do this better, or do I need to just single out this IP into its own scan group? The only reason I hadn't before is because its in the middle of a range.
3 REPLIES 3
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
Easiest way of getting it resolved would be to just delete the assets and rescan them. However this will cause a loss of any custom data linked to them.

If that's not an option it's best to contact support, they can give you a tester to get an output of all MAC addresses which might shed some light on the cause. In the end though, its pretty much always due to a change in the MAC addresses on the device.
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper does not mix information from SNMP and SSH since they are designed for different use cases. Lansweeper will use the protocol which will retrieve the most amount of information for the detected device type.

The MAC address issue that you are getting is usually caused when NIC are swapped,moved or removed. To get to the root of the issue, its best to try and figure out why Lansweeper is not finding any MAC addresses with a scan (which it was previously).
Charles.X wrote:
Lansweeper does not mix information from SNMP and SSH since they are designed for different use cases. Lansweeper will use the protocol which will retrieve the most amount of information for the detected device type.

The MAC address issue that you are getting is usually caused when NIC are swapped,moved or removed. To get to the root of the issue, its best to try and figure out why Lansweeper is not finding any MAC addresses with a scan (which it was previously).

Understood - yeah I'm not sure why that would be either - I had a number of devices this happened with - all the same type of device and it seemed to start at the same time. Any suggestions?