cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sbAYVdQu
Engaged Sweeper III
I've tried URL encoding the note, but it doesn't respect newlines. Is there a trick to this?
2 REPLIES 2
Kal451
Engaged Sweeper
sbAYVdQu wrote:
I've tried URL encoding the note, but it doesn't respect newlines. Is there a trick to this?

So I'm having the same headache. what ive come up with so far is that URL encoding as %0A should make a new line and in the query text it does:

Query text

but doesn't reflect that in the ticket.

Helpdesk Result

So I donno if the helpdesk just doesn't read it as a new line and just a space or what....
Kal451
Engaged Sweeper
Kal451 wrote:
sbAYVdQu wrote:

So I'm having the same headache. what ive come up with so far is that URL encoding as %0A should make a new line and in the query text it does:

Query text

but doesn't reflect that in the ticket.

Helpdesk Result

So I donno if the helpdesk just doesn't read it as a new line and just a space or what....

so, bit odd to me whos new to using any kinda api to do anything. I was sending the contents of an email as a variable and it was formatting ok.... so with a degree of "fuck it this is never going to work" just used <br> to break it up and low and behold it bloody works

Before:
Invoke-RestMethod -uri "$($HD_URI)?Action=AddNote&Key=$($HD_APIKEY)&TicketID=$($Helpdesk_Ticket)&Text=Sent%20to%20$($to)%20-%20$($body)&Username=domain\Helpdesk&Type=Internal"

After:
Invoke-RestMethod -uri "$($HD_URI)?Action=AddNote&Key=$($HD_APIKEY)&TicketID=$($Helpdesk_Ticket)&Text=Sent%20to%20$($to)%20-%20$<br>($body)&Username=domain\Helpdesk&Type=Internal"

Hopefully all of this helps someone else out later down the line