cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rockermann
Engaged Sweeper II
I'm a new Lansweeper customer and have had LS setup for about a week now... I love it. I've used Spiceworks in the past, and while I liked that, LS seems to be leaps and bounds better.

I'm wondering though, can LS be configured to email alerts when specified assets (servers) go offline? I've looked but can't seem to find the option.

Thanks!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Daniel_B
Lansweeper Alumni
Email alerts on network inventory reports can currently be sent out once per day only, according to your settings under Configuration\Email alerts. Only alerts about scanned eventlog entries will immediately be sent out. Our next major version will allow you to set up more flexible schedules for report alerts as well, but the full release date of that isn't known yet.

Monitoring of specific assets can be achieved by setting up separate scanning schedules under Configuration\Scanning methods, section IP range scanning or Asset collection scanning. Here you can define scanning intervals of a few hours or minutes. Afterwards create reports on the assets you are interested in which inform you if an asset wasn't scanned during the last X hours (please find an example report below which lists assets having "example" in their asset name and not seen in the last 3 hours).

Select Top 1000000 tblAssets.AssetID,
tblAssets.AssetName,
tsysAssetTypes.AssetTypename,
tsysAssetTypes.AssetTypeIcon10 As icon,
tblAssets.IPAddress,
tblAssets.Lastseen,
tblAssets.Lasttried
From tblAssets
Inner Join tblAssetCustom On tblAssets.AssetID = tblAssetCustom.AssetID
Inner Join tsysAssetTypes On tsysAssetTypes.AssetType = tblAssets.Assettype
Where tblAssets.AssetName Like '%example%' And DateDiff(hh, tblAssets.Lastseen,
GetDate()) > 3 And tblAssetCustom.State = 1

You could add this report to a Data Report widget on your Dashboard in order to have a quick overview or set up email alerts based on it.

More details on how to set up email alerts can be found in this KB article.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Daniel_B
Lansweeper Alumni
A full monitoring solution is planned for the future, but that still might take a while. By submitting small IP ranges or individual hosts for scanning, you can achieve a "kind of" monitoring functionality.
JDobbsy1987
Engaged Sweeper III
This is essentially something i added to the Wishlist, Network monitoring.

http://www.lansweeper.com/Forum/yaf_postst11318_Network-Monitoring---Alert-Host-Service-Down.aspx#post42172

The way i see it is LS know all my devices on the network, it would be nice to be able select an asset (lets say server) and the 'Configure Alerts' and set alerts to say email if host is down or disk space is less than x and so on.

Obviously this would need to be a real time solution but i would be happy to install a monitoring client if required.

Regards,
Jamie
Daniel_B
Lansweeper Alumni
Email alerts on network inventory reports can currently be sent out once per day only, according to your settings under Configuration\Email alerts. Only alerts about scanned eventlog entries will immediately be sent out. Our next major version will allow you to set up more flexible schedules for report alerts as well, but the full release date of that isn't known yet.

Monitoring of specific assets can be achieved by setting up separate scanning schedules under Configuration\Scanning methods, section IP range scanning or Asset collection scanning. Here you can define scanning intervals of a few hours or minutes. Afterwards create reports on the assets you are interested in which inform you if an asset wasn't scanned during the last X hours (please find an example report below which lists assets having "example" in their asset name and not seen in the last 3 hours).

Select Top 1000000 tblAssets.AssetID,
tblAssets.AssetName,
tsysAssetTypes.AssetTypename,
tsysAssetTypes.AssetTypeIcon10 As icon,
tblAssets.IPAddress,
tblAssets.Lastseen,
tblAssets.Lasttried
From tblAssets
Inner Join tblAssetCustom On tblAssets.AssetID = tblAssetCustom.AssetID
Inner Join tsysAssetTypes On tsysAssetTypes.AssetType = tblAssets.Assettype
Where tblAssets.AssetName Like '%example%' And DateDiff(hh, tblAssets.Lastseen,
GetDate()) > 3 And tblAssetCustom.State = 1

You could add this report to a Data Report widget on your Dashboard in order to have a quick overview or set up email alerts based on it.

More details on how to set up email alerts can be found in this KB article.

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now