cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
R_S
Engaged Sweeper II
Good morning Lansweeper community,

I was wondering if it is possible to show the surfaces of software when deploying with lansweeper.
I used the search option but didnt really find any solution.

For example, we are deploying office silently through an adminfile with lansweeper, but it does not show the status of the deployment to the user...
well, we could go with a msg.exe and a message like "Office is being installed. Please be patient." but it's not really ideal. starting the installation (with adminfile) of office manually shows the nice loading bar etc.

Thank you in advance
3 REPLIES 3
CyberCitizen
Honored Sweeper
Even something similar to this that fades in and out say every two minutes or if the user mouses over it, it goes transparent and allows them to click through it.

CyberCitizen
Honored Sweeper
Unfortunately no, as you are deploying under another account, eg a domain admin account or system account. From what I have seen the best you can get is the message command as that is a built in windows command designed to send messages to all logged on users etc.

I normally push a message command using a file so it can be spaced out and contain additional information.

Basically, explain that it is being deployed and can take some time, please do not restart the machine, you will be notified once complete, then push a completed message once done.

The other issue is when you're doing a silent install, that's just it, its silent. There is no reporting progress bar etc unless the installer package wrote some information for this (but I have never seen it), as the installer isn't providing this information there is nothing that Lansweeper could report. Even Microsoft's SCCM struggles with this, although does have an installing indicator.

@Charles it would be nice if the LanSweeper remote deployment executable had an option of appearing in the system tray with a balloon tip notification or even a small installing progress bar that appears at the bottom right-hand side of the screen. Doesn't have to show the status of the deployment, but maybe a scrolling animation loading bar etc with the application title so to the end users they can see it's doing something.

Such as "Installing Adobe Reader vX.XXX" with the progress animation bar underneath.
Something like this https://www.leemunroe.com/demos/css3-loading-bar/

Just so the end user can see something is occurring and doesn't shut down their computer or undock it.
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
CyberCitizen wrote:
@Charles it would be nice if the LanSweeper remote deployment executable had an option of appearing in the system tray with a balloon tip notification or even a small installing progress bar that appears at the bottom right-hand side of the screen. Doesn't have to show the status of the deployment, but maybe a scrolling animation loading bar etc with the application title so to the end users they can see it's doing something.

Such as "Installing Adobe Reader vX.XXX" with the progress animation bar underneath.
Something like this https://www.leemunroe.com/demos/css3-loading-bar/

Just so the end user can see something is occurring and doesn't shut down their computer or undock it.

It would be nice. Unfortunately it's harder to get dev allocation for QOL updates. Most likely something which can be looked at once the deployment module itself gets changed or updated. Anyway I've added it to the feature request list for deployments.