cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wxfisch
Engaged Sweeper II
As we work to implement Lansweeper helpdesk in our environment one thing I have found that is incredibly irritating is that there is no option to send updates to just users. In theory if I updated the ticket as the agent, then I do not need an email alerting me to this fact, though I would like to user to be alerted to this. Is there anyway to make it so that updates only get sent to the user and not to the agent as well?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
David_G
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
Outgoing Email Templates in Lansweeper will be reworked in the upcoming Lansweeper release which is going public soon. With this update, you will be able to send certain Outgoing Email Templates to Users or Agents only. We recommend keeping an eye on our changelog.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
hysthos
Engaged Sweeper II
in your agent's ticket interface you can check "no send e-mail from my update" (is just for your mail) we have test and user recive e-mail but agent don't cause is for your own profile.
wxfisch
Engaged Sweeper II
hysthos wrote:
in your agent's ticket interface you can check "no send e-mail from my update" (is just for your mail) we have test and user recive e-mail but agent don't cause is for your own profile.

My problem is not with updating a ticket, it is with the templates that are provided in Lansweeper, they all only allow for all or none, there are some updates that I do want to come to my email, even if I or another agent makes, them, however there are many that should only go to the user. My issue is that Lansweeper is so configurable it seems strange that this was not also configurable. From what David.G said in response to my original post they are adding this functionality in an upcoming update.

Also, I do not have an option that is "no send e-mail from my update" in my agent's ticket interface. When I am in a ticket there are options to change the state and to make a note public or internal, but nothing about sending emails. Emails are all done from Configuration->E-mail settings->Outgoing E-mail Templates, and there is no choice there either. For example, I have a template set up to send an email on Agent Update, the template only allows this to be sent to agents and users, so I can only have one. I would like the ability to create one that is sent to users, and one that has different content sent to agents, or one sent to only users, or one that is sent to only agents and not to users. This should be something we can configure.
hysthos
Engaged Sweeper II
You can change on your interface in option for send e-mail on your own ticket update so the user recive an email but agent don't recive the mail (sry for my english)
wxfisch
Engaged Sweeper II
Thank you for the reply, it is good to know I am not missing something in my configuration. Do you have any idea what "soon" is? Are we talking a few days, weeks, months?
David_G
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
Outgoing Email Templates in Lansweeper will be reworked in the upcoming Lansweeper release which is going public soon. With this update, you will be able to send certain Outgoing Email Templates to Users or Agents only. We recommend keeping an eye on our changelog.
wxfisch
Engaged Sweeper II
David.G wrote:

Any update on this update?
wxfisch
Engaged Sweeper II
wxfisch wrote:
David.G wrote:

Any update on this update?

Turns out this was in the latest release, which we had not yet installed as it came out after our normal maintenance window. I was able to sneak this one in though since Lansweeper updates pretty quickly. Thank you for adding this change in.