→ Having trouble accessing our new support portal or creating a ticket? Please notify our team here

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KRichard
Engaged Sweeper
I'm having a weird issue with package deployment. It works on most of the PCs in my domain, but a select few will error out with this:

Result: Package timeout reached. Task Running Error: The data is invalid. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007000D). Timeout: (900Sec).

I run the Lansweeper Connection Utility and everything checks out. The very same packages work just fine on almost all other machines. Has anyone else run into a similar issue?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Daniel_B
Lansweeper Alumni
The message "Package timeout reached" indicates that your package did not finish within the time you defined as maximum duration. This happens
- because user interaction was required during the package execution (i.e. confirm a dialog, close open applications, etc)
- because there was no Stop(Success) and no Stop(Failure) as next action in the last step
- because the execution of all steps took longer than the maximum duration time
- or because the computer freezed or rebooted before giving back a result for the last step.

In your case the error code 0x8007000D might give you a further indication of where the problem was. It seems to be related to missing access or missing files when updating files or registry values.

Generally, we recommend that you review your package and if possible manually test each step on a target machine (copy the Result command of your installer steps and execute it in a command prompt on an affected example target computer). This helps you to identify the cause of the issue.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Daniel_B
Lansweeper Alumni
The message "Package timeout reached" indicates that your package did not finish within the time you defined as maximum duration. This happens
- because user interaction was required during the package execution (i.e. confirm a dialog, close open applications, etc)
- because there was no Stop(Success) and no Stop(Failure) as next action in the last step
- because the execution of all steps took longer than the maximum duration time
- or because the computer freezed or rebooted before giving back a result for the last step.

In your case the error code 0x8007000D might give you a further indication of where the problem was. It seems to be related to missing access or missing files when updating files or registry values.

Generally, we recommend that you review your package and if possible manually test each step on a target machine (copy the Result command of your installer steps and execute it in a command prompt on an affected example target computer). This helps you to identify the cause of the issue.