cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dewnmoutain
Engaged Sweeper
I have a PC that isn't being scanned.

I went and checked the ip address because i scan by IP. lets say that the IP of this PC is 777 with the name of JJ. Now, i configured Lansweeper to target this ip address in its scan, but when i do the scan it sees computer XX with an IP address of 888.
even after completing the scan, it doesnt show JJ, only XX.

i can ping the ip address of JJ with no problem from my lansweeper server.

not sure how to resolve this.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Daniel_B
Lansweeper Alumni
For Windows computers we recommend performing a test with Program Files (x86)\Lansweeper\Actions\testconnection.exe. Run the test from your Lansweeper server to the affected machine and provide the same scanning credential which Lansweeper uses as well.
This KB article provides help to troubleshoot any specific scanning error messages.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Daniel_B
Lansweeper Alumni
For Windows computers we recommend performing a test with Program Files (x86)\Lansweeper\Actions\testconnection.exe. Run the test from your Lansweeper server to the affected machine and provide the same scanning credential which Lansweeper uses as well.
This KB article provides help to troubleshoot any specific scanning error messages.
mickeyshowers
Engaged Sweeper III
Most of my scanning issues have been either firewall, RPC that wasn't responding, or bad credentials.

In our environment we had a combo of Windows firewall and another software firewall from our antivirus vendor, so watch for both.

Try the device connection tester and post the results.