cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tj_lewis4
Engaged Sweeper II
We were grandfathered in under our old Enterprise unlimited license up until renewal in June. We have now been told we have to get the full version and can't keep our old unlimited license. We were given a 30 day trial license so that we could process the renewal. Ever since we installed the 30 day trial license Lansweeper is unable to get scans completed in a timely manor. I can see were some computer have been scanning in progress for 2+ hours. I have a ticket opened with support but have not heard back from them. We have tried rebooting the server and we also upgraded to the last version. (We were only a few minor updates behind.)

Any thoughts or suggestions?
7 REPLIES 7
nbjeter3
Engaged Sweeper
How many scan servers have you got? We are in the a similar situation. We were under the legacy unlimited license and were forced to change to the new licensing model this year as well at renewal. Soon after, we started noticing scans taking extremely long times to finish, and then as I dug deeper, I found that my main scan server was scanning all kinds of remote assets that should have been scanned by their onsite Scan servers. The really messed up part though was that the remote scan servers were ALSO scanning those same assets, and there were times when it would takes up to 12 hours to complete a scan. I've had 20+ scan queues backed up for a week now and I've had a ticket open with support for 5 days with absolutely no response. Like you, I've updated to the latest version on all my Scan servers and rebooted and restarted all the lansweeper services. Let me know if you hear back from them, as I'd love to know what is going on.
tj_lewis4
Engaged Sweeper II
Norman Jeter wrote:
How many scan servers have you got? We are in the a similar situation. We were under the legacy unlimited license and were forced to change to the new licensing model this year as well at renewal. Soon after, we started noticing scans taking extremely long times to finish, and then as I dug deeper, I found that my main scan server was scanning all kinds of remote assets that should have been scanned by their onsite Scan servers. The really messed up part though was that the remote scan servers were ALSO scanning those same assets, and there were times when it would takes up to 12 hours to complete a scan. I've had 20+ scan queues backed up for a week now and I've had a ticket open with support for 5 days with absolutely no response. Like you, I've updated to the latest version on all my Scan servers and rebooted and restarted all the lansweeper services. Let me know if you hear back from them, as I'd love to know what is going on.

Yea I have never had to rely on support until now and the experience has not been great. I'm assuming it's because they are not state side and takes 24 hours to get a respond. We have about 39,000 assets but only 1 scan server. I think I might have solved/temp fixed our issue by disabling Exchange Scanning. Since turning that feature off it seems to be much better.
tj.lewis4 wrote:
Norman Jeter wrote:

Yea I have never had to rely on support until now and the experience has not been great. I'm assuming it's because they are not state side and takes 24 hours to get a respond. We have about 39,000 assets but only 1 scan server. I think I might have solved/temp fixed our issue by disabling Exchange Scanning. Since turning that feature off it seems to be much better.

Where is that option at? Do you mean, you put an exclusion in for your exchange servers or is there an Exchange Environment scan that I am missing?
FrankSc
Lansweeper Tech Support
Lansweeper Tech Support
Exchange scanning is one of the Scan item intervals that you can configure under Scanning\Scanned item interval. It is normally scanned on each Windows Computer, but you can switch it of if required. You can find more information here:
https://www.lansweeper.com/knowledgebase/managing-how-often-specific-data-is-scanned/
FrankSc
Lansweeper Tech Support
Lansweeper Tech Support
Hello,

A WMI issue could be the origin of the scanning problem you are facing. In most cases the following KB article should help you to solve the issue.
We noticed you are currently in communication with the Support team. They will troubleshoot this further in the ticket you logged.
FrankSc wrote:
Hello,

A WMI issue could be the origin of the scanning problem you are facing. In most cases the following KB article should help you to solve the issue.
We noticed you are currently in communication with the Support team. They will troubleshoot this further in the ticket you logged.

What KB Article?
FrankSc
Lansweeper Tech Support
Lansweeper Tech Support
Norman Jeter wrote:
FrankSc wrote:
Hello,

What KB Article?

Hi,

This is the KB article we were referring to:
https://www.lansweeper.com/knowledgebase/how-to-repair-a-corrupt-wmi-installation/