cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Chadh
Engaged Sweeper II
Hello,

In testing the new helpdesk system, I accidentally imported a number of emails as tickets. They aren't tickets. I'm wondering how I can delete them permanently so that they don't show up in the ticket DB in the future.

Thanks!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Michael_V
Champion Sweeper III
You can enable a permission to do this in configuration/user access & roles. Edit the role you are in and enable "delete tickets".

This feature is disabled by default (which we recommend)
You can always "ignore" a ticket. It won't show up in any of the default filters but it won't be permanently deleted from the database.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Dennis_B
Engaged Sweeper
Word of Caution:

I did the same thing as the OP, I added my email address and it imported 800 emails as tickets. I went ahead and deleted them, and that action also deleted them from my Inbox.

Yes, maybe I should have read the manual first, shame on me, but having this action taken on my email account caused a big disruption for me, and I would suggest that the this action should be changed if possible.

Maybe a brief description of what this field does would help - "Sending email to this account will cause Help Desk tickets to be created."

UPDATE: After restoring the deleted messages, I noticed 2 new email folders: "Helpdesk_archive" and Helpdesk_ignore". Both folders contained the "deleted" emails. They had just been moved to these folders. I wish I noticed those folders hours ago.
Michael_V
Champion Sweeper III
Thanks, we'll take a look at these issues
Chadh
Engaged Sweeper II
Worked like a charm! I guess if I had any feedback to add, it's that once the change was made, it took a minute or two to find the new feature, as I didn't realize that I had to close the browser for the changes to take affect. Is there another way?
Michael_V
Champion Sweeper III
You can enable a permission to do this in configuration/user access & roles. Edit the role you are in and enable "delete tickets".

This feature is disabled by default (which we recommend)
You can always "ignore" a ticket. It won't show up in any of the default filters but it won't be permanently deleted from the database.

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now