cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BrianM
Engaged Sweeper III
Lansweeper moved all of my printers to show as non-active, even though they are on, being used, and still active. None of the printer reports work now, even though it shows the status green (on, in use) and have been for quite a while in some instances. Is there any way to move them back to active in mass?

I went trough and edited them to active, and within 2 days they were back to non active. The are replying to a ping. In the asset cleanup options, here is what I have checked:
automatically make non-active assets active when they are rescanned
set assets to non-active if they are not seen in the last 90 days.
set computers to non-active if disabled in Active Directory
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
I deleted a duplicate post in this forum topic. If you have an urgent question, please send it to support@lansweeper.com, as emails are prioritized. We respond to as many forum topics as possible, but may not get to all of them.

If printers are being set to non-active with the cleanup setup specified, I'm assuming that they haven't been successfully scanned in a while and that the Last Seen (= last successful scan) dates listed on their asset pages are out-of-date. A successful ping does not guarantee a successful scan. I recommend reviewing this knowledge base article to ensure that the printers are still correctly submitted for scanning. If the issue persists, please contact support@lansweeper.com and provide:
  • Description of the problem.
  • Program Files (x86)\Lansweeper\Service\Errorlog.txt, as present on your Lansweeper server.
  • Screenshots of the Lansweeper webpage of one problem printer. Show us the following tabs: Summary, Errors (if it exists).
  • Screenshot of a connection test performed to the same problem printer with Devicetester.exe, which can be found in Program Files (x86)\Lansweeper\Actions on your Lansweeper server. Perform the test from your Lansweeper server to the problem printer, submit your SNMP credential if relevant and show us the entire test window.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
I deleted a duplicate post in this forum topic. If you have an urgent question, please send it to support@lansweeper.com, as emails are prioritized. We respond to as many forum topics as possible, but may not get to all of them.

If printers are being set to non-active with the cleanup setup specified, I'm assuming that they haven't been successfully scanned in a while and that the Last Seen (= last successful scan) dates listed on their asset pages are out-of-date. A successful ping does not guarantee a successful scan. I recommend reviewing this knowledge base article to ensure that the printers are still correctly submitted for scanning. If the issue persists, please contact support@lansweeper.com and provide:
  • Description of the problem.
  • Program Files (x86)\Lansweeper\Service\Errorlog.txt, as present on your Lansweeper server.
  • Screenshots of the Lansweeper webpage of one problem printer. Show us the following tabs: Summary, Errors (if it exists).
  • Screenshot of a connection test performed to the same problem printer with Devicetester.exe, which can be found in Program Files (x86)\Lansweeper\Actions on your Lansweeper server. Perform the test from your Lansweeper server to the problem printer, submit your SNMP credential if relevant and show us the entire test window.
philou92
Engaged Sweeper II
Hi to all,

I have exactly the same issue with a lot of my printers.
Whatever the trademark : Canon, HP or Brother.

We need to have a clear view of printers installed (about 500).

Thanks for your help.

Regards