cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BulmersheTech
Engaged Sweeper II
Hi,

I'm new to Lansweeper so I'm just trying to get to grips with how devices are identified during a scan. I have a number of Cisco SPA303 VOIP Phones. Lansweeper correctly identified some of these as VOIP devices but others it identified as as a Web Server. I manually edited these entries and changed the asset type from webserver to VOIP Phone. However, upon rescanning, Lansweeper fails to update the VOIP Phone entry :-

(Scan Incomplete: New scan found 0 MAC addresses, the existing record has 1. Check your SNMP and SSH connections);

instead it creates a new webserver entry with the same IP address. So now I have duplicate entries against the same IP - one VOIP Phone that errors on scan and a webserver entry that scans ok.

Can someone advise how I consolidate these entries so that lansweeper stops creating the VOIP phones as webservers?

Thanks,
Keith.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
The likely cause of the issue is that your Lansweeper server can no longer retrieve the phone's MAC address for some reason. We assume the first asset's ID is its MAC address and the second asset's ID is its IP address. Note that, if a device only has HTTP enabled, the MAC address can only be retrieved if the Lansweeper service is in the same subnet as the device. (If SNMP is enabled, the MAC address can be retrieved from within a different subnet as well.)

If you continue to have problems, please contact support@lansweeper.com and provide us with:
- Program Files (x86)\Lansweeper\Service\Errorlog.txt, as present on your Lansweeper server.
- Screenshots of both Lansweeper webpages generated for the same device.
- Screenshot of a connection test performed to the device using DeviceTester.exe: http://download.lansweeper.com/tools50/DeviceTester.exe
Perform the test on your Lansweeper server.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
BulmersheTech
Engaged Sweeper II
Thanks. The weird thing was that the VOIP devices with MAC Asset ID's were the ones that were giving the error. The ones that had just an IP Asset ID were scanning fine. However, I have upgraded Lansweeper from v.5145 to v.5153 and now all of the VOIP devices are scanning correctly against the MAC address and the duplicate entries have disappeared. 🙂
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
The likely cause of the issue is that your Lansweeper server can no longer retrieve the phone's MAC address for some reason. We assume the first asset's ID is its MAC address and the second asset's ID is its IP address. Note that, if a device only has HTTP enabled, the MAC address can only be retrieved if the Lansweeper service is in the same subnet as the device. (If SNMP is enabled, the MAC address can be retrieved from within a different subnet as well.)

If you continue to have problems, please contact support@lansweeper.com and provide us with:
- Program Files (x86)\Lansweeper\Service\Errorlog.txt, as present on your Lansweeper server.
- Screenshots of both Lansweeper webpages generated for the same device.
- Screenshot of a connection test performed to the device using DeviceTester.exe: http://download.lansweeper.com/tools50/DeviceTester.exe
Perform the test on your Lansweeper server.