cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
karon
Engaged Sweeper
ok, messed up my lansweeper...tried to install beta in addition and it ruined my existing...
I have uninstalled both, and reinstalled lansweeper, it comes up with first run just fine, but when I stop the services and restore database the website then comes up with a 500 internal server error.......I know I am just missing something, but can't get it...can you help me figure out what to do
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Question received and replied to via email. Copy of response below. Note that any questions directly related to the 5.2 beta must be sent to helpdesk@lansweeper.com. Do not post 5.2 beta questions on the forum. (This issue/question was not necessarily directly related to the beta, so we responded here.)
If you are using an SQL Server database, you need to reset the lansweeperuser database user after restoring the backup. Run the script below in SQL Server Management Studio. Restoring a backup almost always breaks the user in some way.

use lansweeperdb
GO
drop schema lansweeperuser
GO
drop user lansweeperuser
go
execute sp_droplogin lansweeperuser
go
use master
GO
EXEC sp_addlogin 'lansweeperuser', 'mysecretpassword0*', 'lansweeperdb', [English]
GO
use lansweeperdb
go
EXEC sp_grantdbaccess 'lansweeperuser', 'lansweeperuser'
GO
EXEC sp_addrolemember [db_owner], 'lansweeperuser'
Go

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Question received and replied to via email. Copy of response below. Note that any questions directly related to the 5.2 beta must be sent to helpdesk@lansweeper.com. Do not post 5.2 beta questions on the forum. (This issue/question was not necessarily directly related to the beta, so we responded here.)
If you are using an SQL Server database, you need to reset the lansweeperuser database user after restoring the backup. Run the script below in SQL Server Management Studio. Restoring a backup almost always breaks the user in some way.

use lansweeperdb
GO
drop schema lansweeperuser
GO
drop user lansweeperuser
go
execute sp_droplogin lansweeperuser
go
use master
GO
EXEC sp_addlogin 'lansweeperuser', 'mysecretpassword0*', 'lansweeperdb', [English]
GO
use lansweeperdb
go
EXEC sp_grantdbaccess 'lansweeperuser', 'lansweeperuser'
GO
EXEC sp_addrolemember [db_owner], 'lansweeperuser'
Go