cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
YANS
Engaged Sweeper

Post translated by moderator. See below for original post

Hello, I am unable to enable Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) on my server so that I can scan Cisco devices. Lansweeper Dashboard showed Scanning Issues and Enable SNMP to Scan Cisco Devices Does anyone have a procedure for configuring the SNMP protocol I am counting on your good will to help me find a solution to my problem. thanks in advance cdt

[ORIGINAL POST]

Avoir une explication ou une procédure pour activer le protocole SNMP

Bonjour je n'arrive pas à activer le protocole SNMP (Simple Network Management Protocol) sur mon serveur pour que je puises scanner les appareils Cisco 

Sur le tableau de bord de Lansweeper s'est afficher Problèmes de Numérisation et Activer SNMP pour scanner les appareils Cisco  

Est ce que quelqu'un a une procédure pour la configuration du protocole de SNMP

Je compte sur votre bonne volonté d'aide pour avoir une solution à mon problème 

merci d'avance 

Cdt 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Brown_Dog_NG
Champion Sweeper

Yans,

You will need to enable SNMP on the switches using either v1 or V2. Once you have the SNMP Server enabled on the switch, you will need to create the community string.

After configuring the switch, you will need to configure the Credentials in Lansweeper. Click "Add new Credential" and select either SNMPv1 or SNMPv2 and populate the community string programmed on the switch.

You will then browse to the asset in Lansweeper and scan it. If configured correctly, you will begin to see information populate for the asset.

-Don't forget to hand out Kudos and mark Solutions to replies you receive!-
LS Tech Support Email: Support@lansweeper.com
LS Tech Support KB: https://www.lansweeper.com/contact-support/

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Brown_Dog_NG
Champion Sweeper

Yans,

You will need to enable SNMP on the switches using either v1 or V2. Once you have the SNMP Server enabled on the switch, you will need to create the community string.

After configuring the switch, you will need to configure the Credentials in Lansweeper. Click "Add new Credential" and select either SNMPv1 or SNMPv2 and populate the community string programmed on the switch.

You will then browse to the asset in Lansweeper and scan it. If configured correctly, you will begin to see information populate for the asset.

-Don't forget to hand out Kudos and mark Solutions to replies you receive!-
LS Tech Support Email: Support@lansweeper.com
LS Tech Support KB: https://www.lansweeper.com/contact-support/

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now