cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EZAG
Engaged Sweeper
Hi,

i want to rename computers and to keep their history. I read Hostname Change/Duplicate MAC address and now know that i have to rename the computers name first in Lansweeper. More work than i want to do since in Asset ID is mentioned that there will be a mac-serial-based solution in 5.1.

When will this release be published? Will the old computername be stored in the new computers webpage for researches?

Best regards
Hannes
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
A 5.1 BETA installer was posted here. We recommend backing up your 5.0 database prior to upgrading or installing Lansweeper 5.1 on a test server.

Rename detection can be enabled by ticking "Detect when a computer has been renamed" under Configuration/Scanning Setup/Server Options. Windows computers will then be identified based on a combination of model, serial number and MAC address. Note that Lansweeper will not keep a history of computer names. Only the most recent (current) computer name will be stored.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
A 5.1 BETA installer was posted here. We recommend backing up your 5.0 database prior to upgrading or installing Lansweeper 5.1 on a test server.

Rename detection can be enabled by ticking "Detect when a computer has been renamed" under Configuration/Scanning Setup/Server Options. Windows computers will then be identified based on a combination of model, serial number and MAC address. Note that Lansweeper will not keep a history of computer names. Only the most recent (current) computer name will be stored.