cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RTI_IT
Champion Sweeper
We have users that work from home now, but we would like to keep track of the equipment still. Is there a way we can add a custom state to the asset? For example, "Off campus", which LS would then keep the device as "active" even beyond our 30 day threshold.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
mjphelan wrote:
We have a small number of systems that aren't seen by our network for months at a time it would be handy to be able to tag these using the existing "state" functionality if possible so they don't get missed when we need to report on all active systems.

Could you please elaborate on what you mean by this. Assets with a state other than "active" are excluded from most reports, if this is what you're referring to.

mjphelan wrote:
As an addition to this, it would be handy to be able to either add new, or edit existing states.

In Lansweeper 5.1, you can add your own states under Configuration/Website Management/Asset Pages. A BETA installer was posted here: http://lansweeper.com/forum/yaf_postst7944_Lansweeper-5-1-0-7-beta.aspx

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
mjphelan
Engaged Sweeper II
Thanks Folks ;o)
mjphelan
Engaged Sweeper II
I can see where RTI_IT is coming from, We have a small number of systems that aren't seen by our network for months at a time it would be handy to be able to tag these using the existing "state" functionality if possible so they don't get missed when we need to report on all active systems.

As an addition to this,

it would be handy to be able to either add new, or edit existing states. For example we need to identify systems that have been decommissioned, but that we still retain ownership of.

The existing States of Broken and In Repair are very similar, so I'd like to change one to read "Decommissioned" instead. I would edit the entry in the database however I don't know what affects that will have on other areas of Lansweeper.

Many Thanks

Mark Phelan
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
mjphelan wrote:
We have a small number of systems that aren't seen by our network for months at a time it would be handy to be able to tag these using the existing "state" functionality if possible so they don't get missed when we need to report on all active systems.

Could you please elaborate on what you mean by this. Assets with a state other than "active" are excluded from most reports, if this is what you're referring to.

mjphelan wrote:
As an addition to this, it would be handy to be able to either add new, or edit existing states.

In Lansweeper 5.1, you can add your own states under Configuration/Website Management/Asset Pages. A BETA installer was posted here: http://lansweeper.com/forum/yaf_postst7944_Lansweeper-5-1-0-7-beta.aspx
mjphelan
Engaged Sweeper II
Lansweeper wrote:
mjphelan wrote:

I build a number of reports that specifically include all states accept non-active - For example if I'm doing an OS audit, I want to include systems in the shop for repair, I also want to include systems that are off site etc. but I don't want to include non-active systems

However I don't want systems that have been out of the office for over 180 days (that's the age we use) to be excluded.

We currently use "Set computers to non-active if not seen in the last. (180) days" along with "Set computers to non-active if disabled in Active Directory." and "Set Computers to non-active if not found in Active Directory."

Perhaps a better idea would be to split these out and use a different status for each.

So "Set computers to non-active if disabled in Active Directory. " becomes "Set computers to disabled if disabled in Active Directory. " and "Set computers to non-active if not seen in the last. (180) days" remains the same

Additionally "Set Computers to non-active if not found in Active Directory." could be changed to "Set Computers to Decommissioned if not found in Active Directory."

I understand these are different, however splitting them out like this gives us (the admins) a more accurate picture of the state of our computers.

Lansweeper wrote:
mjphelan wrote:

That's excellent, Is this still planned to go live by the end of October?

Many Thanks

Mark Phelan
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
mjphelan wrote:
Perhaps a better idea would be to split these out and use a different status for each.

We have added this feature request to our customer wish list.

mjphelan wrote:
That's excellent, Is this still planned to go live by the end of October?

Yes, it is.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Could you clarify what you mean by "which LS would then keep the device as 'active' even beyond our 30 day threshold". You cannot exclude specific machines from the "Set computers to non-active if not seen in the last XX days" cleanup option, if this is what you're asking. You either enable this option and all computers are affected by it, or you disable it.