cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bpierce
Engaged Sweeper II
We have a deployment of 550+ windows machines and everything has worked great,

Recently we got more desktops so i got one and upon inital setup, create and asset and scan it,lansweeper then updates it of course, i edit some custom fields and then we put it with the rest of our spares.

During this time LS scanned it fine with no issues. About a month later i took the desktop and replaced my old one. After then, it would not scan, it just reports "RPC Unavailable". I have used the connection tester and it reports everything is fine. This issue is only present on this machine and one other (not same model).

LSpush works. But i dont want to rely on that for future updates.

Any ideas?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Bpierce
Engaged Sweeper II
My issues ended up being this desktop had a local account that was part of the scanning credentials, that needed to be changed on this machine only (still not sure why) and once i corrected this, it scanned fine.

I had a backup login setup, but since it was not failing to login, it was not skipping to the 2nd login.

If this is not the case, then they were a great help to figure stuff out.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
carlos_costa
Engaged Sweeper II
UOU!!! I cleaned my list of credentials and the scan worked.

Bpierce thanks a lot!!!
Bpierce
Engaged Sweeper II
My issues ended up being this desktop had a local account that was part of the scanning credentials, that needed to be changed on this machine only (still not sure why) and once i corrected this, it scanned fine.

I had a backup login setup, but since it was not failing to login, it was not skipping to the 2nd login.

If this is not the case, then they were a great help to figure stuff out.
carlos_costa
Engaged Sweeper II
Hi, I have de same problem! After the version 5131, it not scan some dasktops, it just reports "RPC Unavailable".
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Can you please send us error screenshots of the problem and the connection tester to support@lansweeper.com
Bpierce
Engaged Sweeper II
That is correct, FQDN, Hostname, IP (tested from server) all show "OK" on everything and all the correct values are there.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Did you try the connection tester from the server on both FQDN, hostname and IPAddress?