cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jdeane
Engaged Sweeper
I accidently scanned my entire global domain last night and instead of having our local office show in lan sweeper I now have the entire globe (what was available).

We're on our 30 day trial and I'm trying to show off the features, but the guys don't care if someone has firefox installed in Mexico.

Do you know how I do a mass delete/clean up of every other OU apart from my Canadian one in the assets list?

I can filter by just \sites\Canada but I cant select everything except Canada to remove the no needed assets.

Thank You!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Daniel_B
Lansweeper Alumni
You could open Assets, filter the OU column for foreign OUs, select all assets and hit Delete.

If you would like to delete a large number of assets you could do this under Configuration\Database scripts, section Database scripts as well. We recommend that you perform a backup before. The following script would delete all computers and their connected data in an example OU:

Delete From tblAssets Where tblAssets.AssetID in
(Select tblADComputers.AssetID from tblADComputers
Where tblADcomputers.OU like
'%OU=YourSubOU,OU=YourOU,DC=YourSubDomain,DC=YourDomain')

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Daniel_B
Lansweeper Alumni
You could open Assets, filter the OU column for foreign OUs, select all assets and hit Delete.

If you would like to delete a large number of assets you could do this under Configuration\Database scripts, section Database scripts as well. We recommend that you perform a backup before. The following script would delete all computers and their connected data in an example OU:

Delete From tblAssets Where tblAssets.AssetID in
(Select tblADComputers.AssetID from tblADComputers
Where tblADcomputers.OU like
'%OU=YourSubOU,OU=YourOU,DC=YourSubDomain,DC=YourDomain')