cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jduke_halls
Engaged Sweeper III

Since upgrading to Lansweeper from 10.6.0.0 to 11.1.1.3. we have had a TON of performance issues. CPU on the scanner was normally around 10-15% during our scanning window. Now, at idle, it's at 35-80% CPU utilization.

We have disabled AD Scanning, yet LanSweeper still requests Kerberos tickets at a rate of 130-150 per second (yes, over 30000 tickets in a 5-minute period from the LanSweeper server). We have performance- tuned the scanner, turned off ALL WMI queries, and are now at a loss for what this thing is actually doing.

The scanner in the new version is acting like Malware, and, since we just renewed for a year, I'd rather not bin it, but I'm getting very tempted to do so.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
jduke_halls
Engaged Sweeper III

After upgrade to 11.1.2.1, it seems to have stabilized.  Note: The scanner did repeat the Kerberos Ticket loop for the first 3 minutes, which gradually slowed down from 150 per second to 40 per second.

After it slowed down that much, I re-enabled the AD scanning, it ticked up to 60 tickets per second, then 5 minutes later, it's done.

For all who were suffering, update your LanSweeper installation - https://www.lansweeper.com/update-lansweeper/

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
WuGe
Champion Sweeper

After installing Version 11.1.2.1 I can see a drop in CPU usage by approx. 50%.

jduke_halls
Engaged Sweeper III

After upgrade to 11.1.2.1, it seems to have stabilized.  Note: The scanner did repeat the Kerberos Ticket loop for the first 3 minutes, which gradually slowed down from 150 per second to 40 per second.

After it slowed down that much, I re-enabled the AD scanning, it ticked up to 60 tickets per second, then 5 minutes later, it's done.

For all who were suffering, update your LanSweeper installation - https://www.lansweeper.com/update-lansweeper/

jgauthier1986
Engaged Sweeper

11.1.2.1 is out.

Thanks for the head's up. I've been watching the changelog page that hasn't been updated as of yet.

Downloading it now

somelsadmin
Engaged Sweeper II

Just here for saying i that have the same issue...

jduke_halls
Engaged Sweeper III

Here is the reply I got from support this morning:

This issue is a known bug (LAN-14567) within the code; however, there is currently no workaround to circumvent the issue. We will be releasing a patch in the next couple of days to address this. 

We apologize for the inconvenience this causes and appreciate your understanding.

Hopefully it is actually fixed in the new release "in the next couple of days"

darcon1
Engaged Sweeper

We are seeing the same issue. Is there any way we can revert back to 11.1.1.2? 

SloebingK
Engaged Sweeper

Same thing here. Scanning queue is empty, but service is running at 80-100% CPU at all times.

WuGe
Champion Sweeper

Same problem here. Assets get stuck in the queue and only manually clearing the queue helps.

I opened a support case at lansweeper and so you all should do.

https://community.lansweeper.com/t5/general-discussions/windows-assets-stuck-in-scanning-queue-in-11...