cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BrianM
Engaged Sweeper III
so this is the second post I see about this. The first resolution was to increase the number of scans. I have mine set to 10, yet there are 85 items in the queue, what shows waiting are online, what are scanning are up, I have it set that it scans 10 items at a time. I don't have a lot of devices (~300) and it starts scanning late at night. I restarted the Lansweeper service yesterday, cleared the queue so that I could do some on demand scans. Is there something I am missing or can do to improve this deploy? I have already upped the number of scanning items from 6 to 10 as that number transferred over from a PC I had it on to a server. Scanning credentials are correct. Even the animation of the scans are not moving. The server shows that the Lansweeper service is using 13 - 16% of the processor (Intel Xeon dual processor @ 2.5GHz, 8 GB memory) and allocated 113,560K of memory.
13 REPLIES 13
Bruce_B
Lansweeper Alumni
Computers being stuck in the scanning queue could be caused by WMI corruption on some of the computers being scanned. If you notice the same computers being stuck repeatedly you could try running the steps in this article on one of these computers.
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
It is hard to say what might be slowing down your scanning times. In general the more cores your processor has the faster Lansweeper will be able to scan the assets. Therefore the best way to increase scanning time would be to upgrade your hardware and get a higher core count CPU.

Additionally, we recommend you double check if you do not scan an excessive amount of data with every scan. Take a look at the following pages:
  • Scanning\File & Registry scanning, do you have a lot of extra files or registries scanned?
  • Scanning\Scanned Item Interval, do you have a lot of extra items enabled for scanning or set the 'Refresh' to 0?
Lastly, by going to a recently scanned asset's page and navigating to the 'Scan Time' tab, you can see how long the last scan took per item.
BrianM
Engaged Sweeper III
scar - what am I looking for in the devicetester?

Jim - this is the daily automatic scan.

This PC was renamed, and the old name is still showing in LS, with the new IP address, but it shows offline with the new IP address, even though under the new name it shows online.

This scan slowly takes up all of my available scanning ports, or it looks like it. I had 8 ports being used by these two machines (both renamed) and when you only have 10 scan ports open, it tends to clog things up. Scans do not cancel after a set amount of time, nor do they recognize that it is already being scanned.
Jimurray
Engaged Sweeper II
Brian, I have setup 2 Consoles. The first does all the scheduled scans. Its the "MAIN", that anyone wanting to view looks at etc. The 2nd one is at my desk, where I can do the ON Demand scans. Been working great for several years!
scarsysadmin
Engaged Sweeper III
Have you tried the device tester yet? Maybe something isn't configured correctly. IT should show you that.

What are pings like to the assets?
BrianM
Engaged Sweeper III
down to 35. I marked which it was scanning earlier, and none of them are on the list any more. SO it does process.
BrianM
Engaged Sweeper III
all of the PC's that are being scanned all have a "last seen" of 9/1/17 00:13:30 thru 00:13:44
BrianM
Engaged Sweeper III
I scan 4 registry entries, last of which was added a couple of months ago. They process, just *very* slow. Two more have completed in the past 20 minutes.
scarsysadmin
Engaged Sweeper III
Oh, have you tried using the device tester from the server to make sure everything is open?