cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Alan_LS
Engaged Sweeper II
I have difficulty to do software deployment and even the scheduled deployment because of not all workstations are in active state.

It is possible to create a software deployment and deploy it when a workstation report to Lansweeper via LSpush? I have all workstations running LSpush on startup and every 1 hr by the task scheduler.

Thank you for any advice
4 REPLIES 4
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
Unfortunately, in your case it is not only a LsPush restriction.

In order to deploy software on assets, Lansweeper needs a way to connect to the assets to create the scheduled task and perform other tasks that are required to do a successful deployment. Without allowing Lansweeper to connect to your assets, deployment will unfortunately, not be an option.
Alan_LS
Engaged Sweeper II
Hi Charles,

Thank you for the recommended link but it's not useful to me as I am don't use asset scanning.

I do hope that the next release will have the feature of software deployment when PC report to Lanseeper by LsPush

heybobby1
Engaged Sweeper III
Alan_LS wrote:
Hi Charles,

Thank you for the recommended link but it's not useful to me as I am don't use asset scanning.

I do hope that the next release will have the feature of software deployment when PC report to Lanseeper by LsPush

You can do this. In the same link by Charles is a solution I posted. Add the following to the report which you're targeting with your deployment. This will show assets last lspush seen greater than 5 mins, less than 20 mins.

tblAssets.LastLsPush > DateAdd(mi, -20, GetDate()) And tblAssets.LastLsPush < DateAdd(mi, -5, GetDate())

Change this to suit your needs.
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
Deploying on an asset after scanning is possible, however, not with LsPush. I will link your topic to the existing feature request for after scanning with LsPush.

For the time being, I would take a look at the following post which has some alternative options to deploy on assets when they come online: https://www.lansweeper.com/forum/yaf_postst16151_Package-deployment-schedule-deploy-on-startup.aspx