cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ian_Prentice
Champion Sweeper
Hello,

I am reasonably new to LanSweeper and lovong it so far, but I have a little problem...

I have a bulk licence for a particular piece of software which allows free upgrades. some of the PC's in our office are on different versions of the same software, so for example, the licence tracker reports that we have

v4.0 X2
v4.02 X4
v4.05 X1
v4.3 X3
v4.4 X6

etc.

they are all covered under the same licence key, but the Software licence tracker lists them as different software packages.

Is there a way I can join these and say, just use this one licence key entry for all of these, or do I have to re-enter the same data for every version?

I know the easy option is to update them all to the latest version, but the business has specific reasons (don't ask!) for not doing that.

Thanks in advance for your help.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Daniel_B
Lansweeper Alumni
Under Licenses\Edit purchased licenses, section Software License Tracking, you can select your license and then open tab Software. Hit Add software in order to add further versions found in your network to be counted under the same license. Details about the license compliance module can be found in this KB article.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Daniel_B
Lansweeper Alumni
This is not really supported. If your software is freeware, you normally won't need to define a license for it.
Ian_Prentice
Champion Sweeper
oh... just one more thing...

is it possible to put an "unlimited" amount under qty of licences purchased?
Ian_Prentice
Champion Sweeper
Genius!

You are a lifesaver! Thank you!
Daniel_B
Lansweeper Alumni
Under Licenses\Edit purchased licenses, section Software License Tracking, you can select your license and then open tab Software. Hit Add software in order to add further versions found in your network to be counted under the same license. Details about the license compliance module can be found in this KB article.

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now