cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
manelnas
Engaged Sweeper II
Hello Team,
I want to Know if there is any way to monitor the license compliance in my company.

The ideal state is that:
I insert in Lansweeper the maximum number of available licence for each software, and Lansweeper advise me when this maximum number is exceeded.

Regards
3 REPLIES 3
RCorbeil
Honored Sweeper II
Thanks for that. All this time I've been manually selecting from the list of installed versions.

You learn something new every day.
Hendrik_VE
Champion Sweeper III
Hi RC62N,

You can use wildcards (%) when you add software under 'Edit Purchased Licenses'.
So in your particular case you could add as Software: '$usefultool%' and version '%' (omit the quotes).
This way, you don't need to worry about new versions, or not-normalized software names.
RCorbeil
Honored Sweeper II
To a degree, but it takes a little babysitting.

Use Software > Edit Purchased Licenses to create & maintain the list of software you want to keep tabs on.

Once you've got your list established, you can monitor your license compliance through Software > License Compliance.

The babysitting comes in the need to periodically add to the lists as new versions of the software are released. E.g. I have an entry for $usefultool. I've defined which software (title + version) is to be counted against the total so "$usefultool v18.0.0", "$usefultool v18.0.1", "$usefultool v18.0.2", etc. all count against my $usefultool total. When v18.1.0 was released, I had to edit the list to add that to keep my totals current. When v18.1.1 is released, I'll need to edit the list to add that. Lather, rinse, repeat.