cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
msmith1
Engaged Sweeper
My license tracking module seems to be broken, and I was wondering if there was a way to clear the collected data, without clearing the information (bought count, price, etc) I've put in myself. It just isn't counting the licenses correctly. Point in case: I've got over 75 terminal servers CALs in use right now, but LANsweeper is reporting 0. Any ideas that can help with this problem?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Compliance calculations are indeed based on entries listed in the license item's Software tab. If nothing is listed here, Lansweeper won't calculate anything.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Compliance calculations are indeed based on entries listed in the license item's Software tab. If nothing is listed here, Lansweeper won't calculate anything.
msmith1
Engaged Sweeper
They are being successfully scanned. I was messing with it adding a % at the end of version numbers and discovered not all of the software listed in the tracking list had something listed on the "Software" tab for that particular product. This may have been an upgrade issue, (it used to report fine) but after adding something to the tab, most of what I expect is showing up.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Please verify whether machines that have these packages installed have actually been successfully scanned. You can't delete "scanned data" from the license compliance module specifically. This module performs "on demand" compliance calculations when you hit one of the license report buttons and then looks at the software information currently in your database.
msmith1
Engaged Sweeper
Ok, so no go on the CALs. That stinks, but it's not terrible. What about my other software? I'm showing 0 OneNote application when I've got 4 deployed (I know this for sure), 0 Office 2007 and 2010 installs, and it's not even picking up my Exchange server. Something isn't right with the engine or something. Is there a way to clear the collected data without clearing my input such as total licenses available and price?
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
The license compliance module wasn't designed to track CALs. License compliance currently works as follows:
• You indicate how many licenses you own of a particular software package.
• Lansweeper verifies how many installations of the specified software package are present in your network.
• Lansweeper calculates how many licenses are “missing”, based on how many licenses you’ve indicated you’ve purchased and how many installations are actually present in your network.