cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jprateragg
Champion Sweeper
We've using Lansweeper 5.3.0.8. We've noticed that on some machines, the "Last tried" scan time is several weeks behind. For example, I'm looking at one of our Windows computers, and it lists this:

First seen: 05/22/2015 16:13:09
Last tried: 07/10/2015 10:08:34

Why would Lansweeper not even attempt to scan some of our Windows machines? Thanks.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
If you have a Lansweeper license that's limited in number of assets, the first thing you should verify is whether you've reached your licensed asset limit. You can do so under Configuration\Your License. If you've reached your limit, all scanning (of new and existing assets) will stop and you will either need to delete some assets or upgrade your license.

If the asset limit is not the problem, check your scanning setup under Configuration\Scanning Methods to ensure that scans are still scheduled to take place. Our online knowledge base explains how each scanning method works. If you are using Active Scanning to scan your machines for instance, keep in mind that this will trigger scans as machines report to a domain controller.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Bruce_B
Lansweeper Alumni
Hi Luiz,

Deleting assets should immediately impact your Licensed Assets count, do note though that as explained here, monitors don't count towards your asset limit and deleting these will not impact your Licensed Assets count.

For more information on deleting assets you can check this article. It is possible that the assets are being rescanned immediately depending on your scanning schedule and scanning setup, you may need to adjust your scanning targets or add scanning exclusions to prevent the assets from being rescanned. For more information on scanning exclusions you can check this article.
Luiz_Lucena
Engaged Sweeper
I'm having the same issue. However, Active Scanning is in setup. I have deleted more than 1300 assets but the Licensed Assets number didn't even decreased a single digit.
Which I don't understand how that thing works as I already deleted assets and even though our license is way over the limit.
jprateragg
Champion Sweeper
I meant to respond to this when you posted it so I apologize for the delay. Yes, we have Active Scanning enabled. I also found out the computer was not even turned on so it makes sense why it wasn't being scanned. I did not know how Active Scanning works, but I do now so thanks for the link.
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
If you have a Lansweeper license that's limited in number of assets, the first thing you should verify is whether you've reached your licensed asset limit. You can do so under Configuration\Your License. If you've reached your limit, all scanning (of new and existing assets) will stop and you will either need to delete some assets or upgrade your license.

If the asset limit is not the problem, check your scanning setup under Configuration\Scanning Methods to ensure that scans are still scheduled to take place. Our online knowledge base explains how each scanning method works. If you are using Active Scanning to scan your machines for instance, keep in mind that this will trigger scans as machines report to a domain controller.