cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senosuisse
Engaged Sweeper
I'm wondering if there's a way to create a widget based on the output of a dynamic asset group.
We schedule our updates based on the output of dynamic asset groups instead of reports.
The groups are easier to edit and faster accessible. Also I'm the only one understanding SQL here and I don't want the guys to always mess up my reports when I'm not here once.
Now I want to create a summary tab for myself where I can see all pending software updates and the devices, that still need to install them. But it seems as there is no way atm. to create a widget based on the output of a dynamic group.

Also there's no way to use the information of a group in a report so I can't workarround it like that.

I know I can do this with a report but I'd prefer to keep it with the dynamic groups I don't need the additional functionality of the reports for this.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Bruce_B
Lansweeper Alumni
You have 2 options if you wish to show your dynamic groups on the dashboard:
  • Use the Asset Group Overview widget, this will require one extra click to go through to the dynamic group you wish to see, but will show the number of assets in your dynamic groups directly on the dashboard
  • Create a report with the same filters as your dynamic asset group. We realize you said you don't want to make use of reports for this because you're the only one who understands SQL, but this report should not need to be edited at all after its initial creation, as long as the dynamic group filter doesn't change.

If you need assistance with creating the report based on your dynamic asset group filters, we can create it for you if you let us know which dynamic group filters you're employing.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
MakeBug
Champion Sweeper
I have already created such reports before but we have switched to dynamic groups because of my colleagues.
The problem is that I also have to edit the group everytime an update needs to be installed. One of the filters of the dynamic group has to be the version number and I need to change that for every new deployment schedule so I have only the ones with old versions installing the update.
I think I can get behind that solution if it's not possible, thanks for your help.

(Btw. Sorry, for the irritation, this was a second account. I forgot the password of my old account and the Address it was linked to. )
Bruce_B
Lansweeper Alumni
You have 2 options if you wish to show your dynamic groups on the dashboard:
  • Use the Asset Group Overview widget, this will require one extra click to go through to the dynamic group you wish to see, but will show the number of assets in your dynamic groups directly on the dashboard
  • Create a report with the same filters as your dynamic asset group. We realize you said you don't want to make use of reports for this because you're the only one who understands SQL, but this report should not need to be edited at all after its initial creation, as long as the dynamic group filter doesn't change.

If you need assistance with creating the report based on your dynamic asset group filters, we can create it for you if you let us know which dynamic group filters you're employing.