cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CCC
Engaged Sweeper II

Hi, 

We use the built-in "Spare" state and use that data elsewhere in PowerBI. The asset is also mostly online, for regular updates and maintenance work.

We want it to also appear in all other reports and everything else that applies to an "Active" state asset.

For example, If I click on a software like AutoCAD 2022. I can see all the assets where this software is installed, but I do not see the assets with the "Spare" state in the list. Even though that asset has AutoCAD 2022 installed (I checked it on the asset detail page.)

How can I make the (built-in) Spare state behave and function the same as the Active state without having to build a custom state called spare?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Obi_1_Cinobi
Lansweeper Tech Support
Lansweeper Tech Support

Hello there!

It's impossible to edit the built-in views to display assets with states other than "Active".  The primary purpose of removing non-active assets from built-in overviews is to reduce clutter. However, you can achieve the desired results with a custom report that will allow you to show all asset states.

To go with your software example, you could use the below report from our report library to list all AutoCAD software: https://www.lansweeper.com/report/specific-windows-linux-or-mac-software-installed/

• Before running this report, you will need to replace "ExampleSoftware" 3 times in the query below with the software name you are looking for.
  • Additionally, remove the following part of the where clause to see all asset states:
And tblState.Statename =
  'Active'

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Obi_1_Cinobi
Lansweeper Tech Support
Lansweeper Tech Support

Hello there!

It's impossible to edit the built-in views to display assets with states other than "Active".  The primary purpose of removing non-active assets from built-in overviews is to reduce clutter. However, you can achieve the desired results with a custom report that will allow you to show all asset states.

To go with your software example, you could use the below report from our report library to list all AutoCAD software: https://www.lansweeper.com/report/specific-windows-linux-or-mac-software-installed/

• Before running this report, you will need to replace "ExampleSoftware" 3 times in the query below with the software name you are looking for.
  • Additionally, remove the following part of the where clause to see all asset states:
And tblState.Statename =
  'Active'