cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mdouglas
Engaged Sweeper III
I'm having an issue with email sending when a state is changed to Closed. When we close a ticket, we only get an email that states "Ticket Closed" without the template we have in place. Attached is how our email settings are configured.

Additionally, "Closed" is not checked in any of the other email templates except for the last two.
5 REPLIES 5
mdouglas
Engaged Sweeper III
Thank you. I figured out a way around it. I created a new Email Outgoing Template with a Reply Type of "Agent update (sent to user)" with only a ticket state of "Closed". This causes it to behave how I want by sending a Your ticket is closed + the updates. Thanks again!
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
That does explain why the outgoing email template is not sent. The state change templates are only sent when only the state is changed. If you post a note and select a new state, it does not send the outgoing email template to prevent sending the user two emails at the same time. It is more designed to keep the user informed of the progress of his ticket.

If you want to add something specific to that user while also sending the outgoing email template, I would recommend creating a ticket template with your outgoing email template in it. That way should you want to send a last public note and close the ticket, you can type your note and add the ticket template (which is similar to the outgoing email template) below it.
mdouglas
Engaged Sweeper III
Okay, so here's more information. If we click the "Close" button at the top, the email DOES send. If we type in a note and do New State: Closed, it DOES NOT send.
mdouglas
Engaged Sweeper III
I've actually tried deleting them and re-adding them all together. Same results. The templates look fine.

I'm on 6.0.150.50, SQL Server 2012 R2, and IIS 8.0.

The HTML for the email template is as follows.

<style type="text/css">
table.emailticket {
border-width: 1px;
border-spacing: 1px;
border-style: solid;
border-color: black;
border-collapse: collapse;
background-color: white;
}
table.emailticket th {
border-width: 2px;
padding: 3px;
border-style: inset;
}
table.emailticket td {
border-width: 2px;
padding: 3px;
border-style: inset;
}
</style>
<div style=""><h3 style=""><font face="Tahoma" style="">[tickettype] - Ticket #[ticketid] has been closed by [updatername]</font></h3><div style=""><h3 style=""><span style="font-size: 13.3333px;"><font face="Tahoma" style="font-size: 13.3333px; font-weight: 400;"></font></span><table class="emailticket" style="font-weight: 400; font-size: 13.3333px;"><tbody><tr><td width="20%"><b>Ticket Number</b></td><td>[ticketid]</td></tr><tr><td><b>Subject</b></td><td>[subject]</td></tr><tr><td><b>State</b></td><td>[state]</td></tr><tr><td><b>Requested by</b></td><td>[username]</td></tr><tr><td><b>Created by</b></td><td>[updatername]</td></tr><tr><td><b>Assigned To</b></td><td>[agentname]</td></tr></tbody></table><p style="font-size: 13.3333px;"><span style="font-family: Tahoma; font-size: 10pt;"><br></span></p><p style="font-size: 13.3333px;"><span style="font-family: Tahoma; font-size: 10pt;"><font color="#ff0000">This ticket has been closed. If the issue has been resolved, please do not respond to this email.</font></span></p></h3></div><p style="font-weight: normal;"><font face="Tahoma">You can review the note history below. To reopen this ticket, reply to this email or log in to the helpdesk.</font></p></div>
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
I just tested it in my local test environment and it I wasn't able to reproduce it.

I'm on version 6.0.150, SQL Server and IIS Express.

This might sound stupid but are you sure you configured the outgoing email template correctly? Meaning did you change the text by editing the template and save it? Maybe you hit cancel instead of Ok.

Otherwise try updating to the latest version.