cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lolok
Engaged Sweeper
Background:
I'm trying to create a deployment for Abaqus CAE. Everything installs fine, except for the CAE portion. The command works when I run it locally on a client and remotely through psexec. The command I'm using:

\\server\path\to\exe --silent \\server\path\to\install_options.xml

Since that hasn't been working, I want to try it as a batch file. The batch file is literally the command:

@echo off
\\server\path\to\exe --silent \\server\path\to\install_options.xml

It works on clients and through psexec, but I'm not sure if I'm deploying it correctly. I've tried several things, but I believe this is what I want. Here's what I have:

Step 1: Copy cae.bat
Action: Command

copy "\\server\path\to\cae.bat"
"c:\cae.bat"

Step 2: Run cae.bat
Action: Script

c:\cae.bat

The error I get in Lansweeper:

Result: Package timeout reached. Stopping deployment executable: Successful. Timeout: (900sec). Credential: (domain\admin). ShareCredential: (admin).

Any input would be appreciated.
5 REPLIES 5
vance_king
Engaged Sweeper
Is cae.bat actually getting copied to the root of drive c?

Do the credentials you are using have access to the share containing the .exe and the options.xml? how about write and execute permission for the root of drive c: on the target machine?
Charles.X wrote:
In theory the commands should work, you could however try using xcopy instead of the normal copy.

Xcopy "{packageshare}\path\to\file" c:\file /I /A /R /Y

Alternatively, you could also not copy the file. If you put it in the packageshare, you can just remove the copy step and run the script. Unless there is a specific reason which requires the script to be present locally.

The .bat file copies, it just won't run. I'm using a .bat because Lansweeper times out, but when I input the same commands into CMD it works. I was hoping running it from .bat would circumvent whatever issue Lansweeper is running into by tricking the system into thinking it's running those commands.

vance.king@fbitn.com wrote:
Is cae.bat actually getting copied to the root of drive c?

Do the credentials you are using have access to the share containing the .exe and the options.xml? how about write and execute permission for the root of drive c: on the target machine?

It copies fine. Lansweeper does have access to the share. There's several .exe files that successfully install in previous steps from the exact same folders in the share, it just hangs on this one.
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
In theory the commands should work, you could however try using xcopy instead of the normal copy.

Xcopy "{packageshare}\path\to\file" c:\file /I /A /R /Y

Alternatively, you could also not copy the file. If you put it in the packageshare, you can just remove the copy step and run the script. Unless there is a specific reason which requires the script to be present locally.
lolok
Engaged Sweeper
I've tested it in cmd multiple times on multiple machines and it never waits for input. I also tried setting the timeout timer to 1 hour which is plenty of time for it to install.

Am I configuring the steps correctly to run a batch file? Step 1 is copying it to the client, and Step 2 is to run it.

Step 1: Copy cae.bat
Action: Command

copy "\\server\path\to\cae.bat"
"c:\cae.bat"

Step 2: Run cae.bat
Action: Script

c:\cae.bat
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
The package timeout reaches indicates that the package reached the maximum run time configured for the package. This can be caused when a package requires user input (I.E. when a package is not silent) or when a command or step gets stuck due to some reason. It is important to check what step this timeout happened on so you can narrow down the issue.

For testing the commands I recommend:
  • Copy the Result command of the failed deployment package.
  • Use the exact path defined under Deployment\Security options.
  • Paste the command into the command prompt of a machine where the deployment failed.
This should help you identify the cause of the issue. Only when the command works in Command Prompt will it work in Lansweeper as well. If the command worked then we recommend that you check that the command has been added correctly to your package and the parameter are also correctly added to the parameter field.