cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kwalker
Engaged Sweeper
I've added the Users Container to the scanning target and then I ran a scan with a domain user's credentials. The scan came back with no errors but when I go to Configuration > User Access & Roles > Add AD User, there's nothing listed in the User Domain field. Am I pointing it at the wrong folder? Is there something else that could be causing this issue? Thanks in advance.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Bruce_B
Lansweeper Alumni
If your Active Directory User/Group Path scanning target was entered correctly and shows no error next to it, it should indeed scan without issue. Do note that only the bottom OU and all OU's below it in your Adsi path will be scanned. You can check which users have been scanned into your Lansweeper database by going to Dashboard\Active Directory.

If users are scanned there but not showing up in the pop-up under Configuration\User Access & Roles, we recommend updating to the latest Lansweeper version by using this article. We have fixed some issues in the past with said pop-up not populating.

If no users are visible on the dashboard, then either your scan has not been completed or there is an issue with your set up scanning target. We recommend checking this article for assistance with scanning users.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
cpayne
Engaged Sweeper
Looks like I fixed my issue. We had a global AD credential in place for general scanning. I had put in an elevated account with more permissions as a custom credential and mapped this to our domain. I had assumed that it would use my elevated creds for AD user scans, but apparently it was using the global credential. I switched the global credential to use my elevated account and it works now. The setup seems kind of quirky, but at least it's working. What is the point of mapping credentials if they won't be used?
cpayne
Engaged Sweeper
I know this is a very old post, but I'm still having this problem in 2020. I'm on the latest Lansweeper version and nothing I do will get new AD users to show up. I've verified the password for the Workgroup or Domain credential is correct, and my "Active Directory User Path" scan completes without any reported issue. I've also restarted Lansweeper and re-entered the credentials. Any ideas?
Bruce_B
Lansweeper Alumni
If your Active Directory User/Group Path scanning target was entered correctly and shows no error next to it, it should indeed scan without issue. Do note that only the bottom OU and all OU's below it in your Adsi path will be scanned. You can check which users have been scanned into your Lansweeper database by going to Dashboard\Active Directory.

If users are scanned there but not showing up in the pop-up under Configuration\User Access & Roles, we recommend updating to the latest Lansweeper version by using this article. We have fixed some issues in the past with said pop-up not populating.

If no users are visible on the dashboard, then either your scan has not been completed or there is an issue with your set up scanning target. We recommend checking this article for assistance with scanning users.