General Discussions

Find answers to technical questions about Lansweeper.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Informal SysAdmin Day 2024 Giveaway entry/ies

Since I couldn't enter my "SysAdmin Day 2024 Giveaway" post (late) on July 24th, I'm posting my entry here for posterity before SysAdmin Day. If any other Sweeper has a contribution to add — sharing their favorite tech gadget, sidekick, or beverage â€”...

MisterP2 by Engaged Sweeper
  • 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

How do scan ranges work?

So we have a database server, a collect and a few scan servers setup in our infrastructure. My questions is when I put an IP range in and set a time for it to run in the Scanning -> Scanning Targets -> ($_Target) does that use the local scan server ...

ahultgren by Engaged Sweeper
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Error in Server Log

Hi Team,We are facing 'The LDAP server returned an unknown error' in server logs every 20 - 30 sec for user OU.Can you please help to resolve the issue.Regards,Mangesh Dahitule

MDahitule by Engaged Sweeper II
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos

Auditing

I have the Remote Controler SCCM tool app in lansweeper and it launches fine but I had to remove it because I can't find any type of audit trail in Lansweeper for when one of my techs launch it, am I missing something is there a report somewhere that...

mzipperer by Engaged Sweeper III
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Lost Configuration tab (Admin rights)

Hi, we have lansweeper (last version 8.0.130.19, Win Server 2016 standard, IIS express,SQL 2014 Local DB) with active directory authentication. At first we had 2-3 specific accounts with which we administer Lansweeper. We tried to put an AD group for...

kspap by Engaged Sweeper
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

unable to scan home workers

Hi All,Like the rest of the world, our workforce is working remotely, but when I look at assets I see nothing has updated since the beginning of March. For example, my laptop is connected via a VPN to the office right now and it is not being scanned ...

Only 1 Basic Action not working?

I'm currently on the newest version of Chrome and attempting to use the extension for actions. I've had to reinstall it a few times, but I seem to have it working. Well, mostly working.I can currently do everything fine, except opening assets as a HT...

DotWAD by Engaged Sweeper
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mapped Drives Incorrect

Hi Everyone,I've been told that the LS Mapped Drive report searches the registry for persistent network drive connections. I'm finding many machines that have those keys in the registry but they are not appearing on the report.Am I misunderstanding t...

GeneDi by Engaged Sweeper
  • 1 replies
  • 1 kudos

Office 365 32bit vs 64bit?

Is it possible to tell which version of Office is installed on machines in LAN Sweeper? I'm trying to figure out who has 64bit installed and who has 32bit and was hoping that LanSweeper could aide me in that.Thanks in advance!

joep by Engaged Sweeper
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos