cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Fes
Engaged Sweeper
Hi there,

i have a problem with Macbook Air and the non existant Ethernet-NIC.

Lansweeper detects the Macbook as Network-devices and only scans/displays generic information on the device.
Is there a Fix/Workaround for MacbookAir and similar devices that are connected via USB-NIC without manualy change the AssetType and set the right Scanning Credentials ?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
I don't see an immediate reason why you wouldn't be able to scan these machines like any other Mac computer. Could you ensure that the Macs are configured correctly as outlined here and that they're correctly submitted for scanning as outlined here. If the issue persists, please contact support@lansweeper.com and provide the following so we can troubleshoot via email:
  • Description of the problem.
  • Program Files (x86)\Lansweeper\Service\Errorlog.txt, as present on your Lansweeper server.
  • Screenshot of one problem Mac computer's Lansweeper webpage.
  • Screenshot of a connection test performed to the same problem Mac with Devicetester.exe, which can be found in Program Files (x86)\Lansweeper\Actions on your Lansweeper server. Perform the test from your Lansweeper server to the problem Mac, submit your SSH credential and show us the entire test window.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
I don't see an immediate reason why you wouldn't be able to scan these machines like any other Mac computer. Could you ensure that the Macs are configured correctly as outlined here and that they're correctly submitted for scanning as outlined here. If the issue persists, please contact support@lansweeper.com and provide the following so we can troubleshoot via email:
  • Description of the problem.
  • Program Files (x86)\Lansweeper\Service\Errorlog.txt, as present on your Lansweeper server.
  • Screenshot of one problem Mac computer's Lansweeper webpage.
  • Screenshot of a connection test performed to the same problem Mac with Devicetester.exe, which can be found in Program Files (x86)\Lansweeper\Actions on your Lansweeper server. Perform the test from your Lansweeper server to the problem Mac, submit your SSH credential and show us the entire test window.