cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
briancs
Engaged Sweeper
I need to keep track of the number of installs we have of Intuit Quickbooks so I added a dynamic group to the asset group overview. For some reason no matter what I do it just shows 0 installs, I set the filters as follows:

State=Active
Software Installed, Like, Intuit

I think the issue is that Intuit list their products not all ways in a consistent manner. For Exacmple if yo look at a the Software publisher list you find the following.

Intuit
Intuit Inc
Intuit, Inc.
Intuit Inc.

How do I get the Asset group overview to read all four of the published names and report the correct number of assets the software is installed on?

Thanks
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
Could you:
  • Ensure that you are running the latest Lansweeper release, 5.3.0.34. Update instructions can be found here.
  • Ensure that your machines have recently and successfully been scanned. The "last seen" dates listed on your computer webpages should be recent.
  • Verify how the software name is listed in the Software tab of your Windows computer webpages. (This information mimics Add/Remove Programs.)
  • Create your dynamic group based on this software name. You mention publisher name, but dynamic groups don't allow you to filter on software publisher. Only software name and version options are included. If the software name includes "Intuit", the dynamic group filters seen in the attached image should work. (These are the filters you indicate you're already using, but it is not clear to me whether you completed the other steps listed above.)

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
Could you:
  • Ensure that you are running the latest Lansweeper release, 5.3.0.34. Update instructions can be found here.
  • Ensure that your machines have recently and successfully been scanned. The "last seen" dates listed on your computer webpages should be recent.
  • Verify how the software name is listed in the Software tab of your Windows computer webpages. (This information mimics Add/Remove Programs.)
  • Create your dynamic group based on this software name. You mention publisher name, but dynamic groups don't allow you to filter on software publisher. Only software name and version options are included. If the software name includes "Intuit", the dynamic group filters seen in the attached image should work. (These are the filters you indicate you're already using, but it is not clear to me whether you completed the other steps listed above.)
briancs
Engaged Sweeper
Tried that still got the same results any other ideas?
Karel_DS
Champion Sweeper III
You could try adding a wildcard (%). This is only possible when using LIKE. You could for example try: Intuit%. This should include all results beginning with 'Intuit'.