cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CyberCitizen
Honored Sweeper
Hi Guy's,

I am in the process of creating an upgrade package for one of our installs (Buildsoft).

I have got the install etc working ok, the issue is there is a previous install which we need to remove before we can upgrade.

It is installed via a MSI to the C:\Esw. When I attempt the Lansweeper Uninstall, it fails.

So I have tried calling the uninstall via the below command.
wmic product where name="Buildsoft Global Estimating - Network" call uninstall /nointeractive

Now this uninstalls successfully within an administrative DOS window. Returns the below results.
Executing (\\SGH00700\ROOT\CIMV2:Win32_Product.IdentifyingNumber="{0C70EE82-949D-4454-97C6-57DF207C257A}",Name="Buildsoft Global Estimating - Network",Version="1.0.0")->Uninstall()

Method execution successful.

Out Parameters:
instance of __PARAMETERS
{
ReturnValue = 0;
};

Now running the same command via Lansweeper fails, and returns the below result.
Executing (\\SGH00700\ROOT\CIMV2:Win32_Product.IdentifyingNumber="{0C70EE82-949D-4454-97C6-57DF207C257A}",Name="Buildsoft Global Estimating - Network",Version="1.0.0")->Uninstall()

Method execution successful.

Out Parameters:
instance of __PARAMETERS
{
ReturnValue = 1603;
};

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated as I would like to get this upgrade done sooner, rather than later.
4 REPLIES 4
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
No problem. It's always useful to figure this stuff out as it might help others in the future.
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
Since it is installed via an MSI, can't you use the MSI uninstaller to remove it? Similar to the "MSI-Uninstaller - Firefox" example that is built-in.
Charles.X wrote:
Since it is installed via an MSI, can't you use the MSI uninstaller to remove it? Similar to the "MSI-Uninstaller - Firefox" example that is built-in.

Hi Charles,

Found the issue, the installer / uninstaller references files that are stored on a separate drive (V Drive). We have to map this drive when installing as it writes some files to this path, as such the uninstall required that as well. I have now successfully uninstalled the application by mapping the drive first.

Sorry about this, stupid application.
Charles.X wrote:

Hi Charles,

Unfortunately no, it returns the following error.
Result: Deployment ended: Fatal error during installation. Stop(Failure)

The only way I have been able to remove this product is using the WMIC command listed but in a DOS window run manually, fails via a deployment. Or manually via appwiz.cpl (Add / Remove Programs).