cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
danielm
Champion Sweeper II
Has the location of the UserPictures changed in lansweeper? I was having trouble updating the image to have it appear lansweeper for a user when copying the file in manually. I always saw the old image in the browser.
So , I used the Edit user and uploaded a new image.
I now see the image in the "USER" screen, but not on the small popup image when searching in the quick search bar.that shows the old small image.

The small image on the computer screen,last user section shows ok though.

Perhaps just a browser cache issue but just wondering.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Karel_DS
Champion Sweeper III
We've added caching to all website images in one of our last updates to reduce the loading time of web pages.

When uploading an image to the website, the cached entry for that image will be altered so that the new image will be displayed for every user logged on. This also means that manually adding the image to the folder will not update the cache and will only be shown after a day or so after the cache updates itself.

The web browser itself does some caching as well, which can cause some delay in new pictures being shown. Sometimes a simple browser restart may show the new picture, however Google Chrome for example has an extra caching feature which may cause a bigger delay in new pictures being shown.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Karel_DS
Champion Sweeper III
We've added caching to all website images in one of our last updates to reduce the loading time of web pages.

When uploading an image to the website, the cached entry for that image will be altered so that the new image will be displayed for every user logged on. This also means that manually adding the image to the folder will not update the cache and will only be shown after a day or so after the cache updates itself.

The web browser itself does some caching as well, which can cause some delay in new pictures being shown. Sometimes a simple browser restart may show the new picture, however Google Chrome for example has an extra caching feature which may cause a bigger delay in new pictures being shown.