cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Azkor
Engaged Sweeper II
I am looking to implement LS in my new employers environment and my manager asked a question I am unsure of the answer to.

We have distributed offices, and if a firewall goes down in one of the branch offices, will I be able to see which devices are effected by the outage?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
It kind of depends on what kind of firewall you're referring to and how its configuration is stored on client machines, but Lansweeper can certainly report on machines where the Windows Firewall service isn't running for instance or where it's disabled (by performing a custom registry scan for the firewall settings). Lansweeper doesn't perform a complete analysis of a machine's open ports however.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
It kind of depends on what kind of firewall you're referring to and how its configuration is stored on client machines, but Lansweeper can certainly report on machines where the Windows Firewall service isn't running for instance or where it's disabled (by performing a custom registry scan for the firewall settings). Lansweeper doesn't perform a complete analysis of a machine's open ports however.