cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SteveGrant
Engaged Sweeper
Why have you changed the method of mass editing assets from V6 to V7? In V6 you could select multiple assets, click one button, open a dialog page, put in the changes, click apply and it applied it to hundreds of assets at once.

In V7, you've adopted a new "Excel style" editor, which doesn't allow Mass edits, just a way to update the Asset editor from the Asset page. If I have 396 assets that need the scanning server changed to another, I have to edit 396 different "cells" in your sheet!

This is a serious retrograde step and I can't see any way around it. I'm managing an environment with >55k assets, Mass edit was a godsend, please can let me know how to do this more efficiently or bring back the old method?
1 REPLY 1
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
We've changed the wording of the options since it used to be very confusing for new users. At one point both buttons even had the same name which was more than confusing.

In Lansweeper 7, to edit a field of multiple selected assets, you can use the "Edit fields" button.

If you want an Excel style of editing (which can be useful for copy pasting unique values) its the "Mass Edit Mode" button.

edit options