cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rainit
Engaged Sweeper
We have computers that we swapped out in the last couple years but their first seen date show something like "4/29/2012". The computers are being scanned fine with no errors and everything else seems to be picked up fine. I'm pretty sure our techs are naming the new computers the same as the old computers. The names have to match so some of software still functions as expected. But shouldn't their be more then asset name to trigger the "first seen" date to be updated?
1 REPLY 1
CyberCitizen
Honored Sweeper
Works off the MAC address and computer name I believe and merges the records. So it would retain the legacy data of the old machine, I would imagine, I can't confirm, one for LS Support to answer maybe.

First seen
A computer's first seen date indicates when Lansweeper first tried to scan the machine. The scan may or may not have been successful.
• All computers have a first seen date.

Last seen
A computer's last seen date indicates when Lansweeper last successfully scanned the machine.
• If a computer has never been successfully scanned, it has no last seen date.

Last tried
A computer's last tried date indicates when Lansweeper last tried to scan the machine. The scan may or may not have been successful.
• If a computer's last tried date is the same as its last seen, its last scan was successful.
• If its last tried date is more recent than its last seen, its last scan was unsuccessful.
• A computer's last tried date is only shown on its webpage if its last scan failed.