General Discussions

Find answers to technical questions about Lansweeper.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Informal SysAdmin Day 2024 Giveaway entry/ies

Since I couldn't enter my "SysAdmin Day 2024 Giveaway" post (late) on July 24th, I'm posting my entry here for posterity before SysAdmin Day. If any other Sweeper has a contribution to add — sharing their favorite tech gadget, sidekick, or beverage â€”...

MisterP2 by Engaged Sweeper
  • 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

Help Improve the Report section User Experience

Would you help us build a better Reports section for everyone? Until Thursday 17th, we are conducting a card sorting activity with users to help us determine the most optimal categorization for our report catalog on the IT Asset Data Platform. That w...

ricardo1 by Lansweeper Employee
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Hyper-v guest incorrect typed as Windows

hiI'm trying out Lansweeper on our network, and getting inconsistent results.A number of our hyper-v guests are correct marked at Asset type - Hyper-V guests.However others which are also hyper-v running the same OS are marked as Asset type - Windows...

Authenticate from CLI

I need to generate PDF copies of the reports generated on the report tab of an asset. By finding the AssetIDs of a 50 assets, I can manually create a list of urls similar to "https://lansweeper.mydomain.com:82/reportdet.aspx?AssetID=9916&print=1". I ...

Software deployment initiated by user

Hi there,many of our users contact us for installing or upgrading their software, e.g. JRE or Acrobat Reader.Is there a way a user can initiate this deployment on his own? Something like:- user logs in to the webconsole- user gets an overview of ava...

MrCount by Engaged Sweeper III
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

Asset Map Locations Overlapping

Is there a place I can either have these assets placed on a map auto adjust so they don't overlap and cut off the other assets or how can I go about doing this?

jah88 by Engaged Sweeper
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Strange asset naming for printers

On some of our Asset names for printers, it did not put the host name but instead put the model and ip address together. I cant seem to get it to change to the host name. I have provided an example below. I have also posted the DeviceTester.exe re...

jah88 by Engaged Sweeper
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos