cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lhaard
Engaged Sweeper
Hi,

I've configured an AD scan and our AD contains a lot of logical computer objects related to Windows failover clusters (e.g. SQL Availability Group Listeners).
The scans for these cluster computer accounts fail with an Error "DNS redirected to ServerName but expected computer LogicalServerName \root\cimv2".

This error behavior is causing two problems:
1) A lot of assets with scanning errors
2) Additional license for these logical objects (the actual server is scanned and licensed already)

Is there a way to change the behavior so Lansweeper "knows" these are logical cluster objects?

Thank you.
7 REPLIES 7
cscherrey
Engaged Sweeper III

Just configured our first windows cluster servers and I see the same scan errors.

CheckWMIInitAccessOK - DNS redirected to [physical server name] but expected computer [cluster name] ([cluster IP]) \root\cimv2

lanuser88
Engaged Sweeper II

I agree this is an huge issue. If you recognize the cluster nodes. It should be easy to recognize the roles and the IPs associated with the cluster and tie them to the windows cluster section. 

@support 

jonasdlm
Engaged Sweeper
Any progress on this problem? I'm facing the same with our SQL cluster.
robertkruk
Engaged Sweeper
This has been a pain point for ages. i would have thought this would be a simple fix for lansweeper to implement that a server cluster alias exists and link it as required.
blunderdog
Engaged Sweeper
I also have added our "logical" devices to the scanning exceptions list. I even deleted the assets from the database but, the next day they are back.

The real issue is I run a report to show new assets in the last 24 hours. These guys show up every day. Is there a way to prevent these listeners and cluster objects from being listed in reports if we can't make them go away?
Lhaard
Engaged Sweeper
Thank you fjca, I've added mine to the scan exclusions too.
fjca
Champion Sweeper II
I've added mine to the Scanning Exclusions in "Scanning-> Scanning Targets->Scan Exclusions"

This is also an issue for Exchange DAG, btw...