cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nickmurarik
Engaged Sweeper II
It would be wonderful to have an MSI I could push to my remote clients to install an LSPUSH system service.

We've tested with IBM/TEM/BigFix and it looks like that won't work because it processes the job as SYSTEM, and LSPUSH doesn't like that.
3 REPLIES 3
pice
Engaged Sweeper III
We would also like to see LSPUSH delivered ( optional ) as a 100% windows-service for both 32 and 62 Windows´OSes

-Installation / Uninstallation should work remotely from the Lansweeper Server
-Scanning intervals and Reporting target should be configurable

Help would be much apreciated !

edit: Task Scheduler, Autorun, Batchjobs, Scripts just suck at our environment... we tried it all and everytime we try we come to the conclusion that a service would spare us LOTS and LOADS of trouble and doubled work...
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Instead of a service maybe you can try a scheduled job?
nickmurarik
Engaged Sweeper II
I've been playing around with some different ideas and ended up creating a service with lspush.

sc Create LSPush binPath= "C:\lspush.exe ip.ip.ip.ip"

---

It's basically a manual service that will run, send the data and die. (Like it's supposed to do.) However, it doesn't like running as system. When I give it local admin logon rights, it works as intended. (Like the documentation says.. user script, not computer.)

I guess now I have to figure out how to send secure credentials to modify the service to run as a different user.. .and give the user logon as a service rights.