cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jfhallee
Engaged Sweeper III
Hi,

Is is possible to configure Lansweeper to add a new Windows events catalog in its tracking?

For example, I'd like to be able to add the catalog Windows / Microsoft / Group Policy / Operationnal that is under Applications and services logs.

I tried to browse all the events that are present actually and for exemple im not able to get events 7017 which are shown on my test computer but not on Lansweeper.

I configured Lansweeper to only grab errors and warning events from computers.

Thanks for your support
3 REPLIES 3
Daniel_B
Lansweeper Alumni
Lansweeper does currently not scan Applications and Services Logs. We have this on our customer wish-list, but a release date isn't known yet.
jfhallee
Engaged Sweeper III
Hi, thanks for your reply.

I already have checked the warning events in the config but anyway the event id 7017 is an error. Also, I confirm that only the defaults event Ids are excluded from the scans which are 10000ish ids.

What I want to scan isnt in the regular windows events logs but in the apps logs. This image will show you where Im looking to grab events log like 7017.

PS. Sorry cause its in french, but it should be easy to find the same path in english as well.
Daniel_B
Lansweeper Alumni
Lansweeper scans event log entries according to your setup under Configuration\Server options, section Eventlog scanning. If you enabled scanning of Warning events, Lansweeper scans all Warning events. The same applies for Information events. Under Configuration\Custom scanning, section Eventlog ignore, you can define which event ID's should not be scanned by Lansweeper.

We recommend that you verify if the event you are scanning is a Warning or an Information event.