cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ajmataro
Engaged Sweeper III
In the general search, the ability to search by MAC Address in switch network interfaces and
report minimal asset information (MAC, switch and port connected, Last seen, ...) to identify problems in switches/assets (VLAN acces, asset firewall) and report assets/MAC appearing in multiple switches.

Actually there are assets that have not been identified but are connected to a switch and his MAC Address appears on a switch network interfaces.

3 REPLIES 3
RTI_IT
Champion Sweeper
I could be misunderstanding the question here but MAC search is already part of LS .... I do it all the time. But it has be an asset that was previously scanned. Just because it shows up on the switch report doesn't mean its in a IP range that you have set to be scanned.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
RTI_IT wrote:
I could be misunderstanding the question here but MAC search is already part of LS .... I do it all the time. But it has be an asset that was previously scanned. Just because it shows up on the switch report doesn't mean its in a IP range that you have set to be scanned.

That's the problem though. Ajmataro seems to indicate that he would like to search *all* MAC addresses connected to switch ports. If a MAC connected to a switch port doesn't have an asset associated with it, you won't be able to search for it using the search bar. The search bar only searches MAC addresses that were scanned as separate assets, hence the workaround we suggested.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
This will most likely not be implemented to be honest. We limit the number of fields searched by the web console search bar, to improve performance. Note that you can run a switch report (e.g. the one below) and filter one of the available columns (e.g. AssetMacAddress column) within the report results to perform a "search".
Select Distinct Top 1000000 tsysAssetTypes.AssetTypeIcon10 As icon,
tblAssets.AssetID,
tblAssets.AssetName,
tsysAssetTypes.AssetTypename As AssetType,
tblAssets.IPAddress,
tblAssets.Firstseen,
tblAssets.Lastseen,
tblSNMPInfo.IfIndex As [If],
tblSNMPInfo.IfDescription As Name,
tblSNMPIfTypes.IfTypename As Type,
tblSNMPInfo.IfAdminstatus As Admin,
tblSNMPInfo.IfMTU As MTU,