cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EdPaice
Engaged Sweeper

Hi all,

I work in an IT Department at a University and my staff are trying to use Lansweeper to allow them to pro-actively check Student PC Labs. They are struggling to get to grips with Lansweeper and if it can help them meet these requirements:

1. Filter by a physical Location
2. Search for all devices that haven't been on in the last 24 hours.
3. Search for all devices that have hung\frozen x amount of times in the last month.

I accept that this might not be possible but I wanted to make sure we are making the most of Lansweeper.

Thanks
Ed 

1 REPLY 1
Fez-o-Joe
Engaged Sweeper II

Well, I can say that you can set ranges for your IP schema (see image) so if your site have static ranges, that'll be easy to set up and then drill down as needed.  This can be a widget on your dashboard, and when drilled-down, shows the range.

As to the power options and reporting, there is a specific report as to when systems have powered on/off built in.  If you head to the Reports section - search for 'power' and it'll be near the bottom.

There might be bigger brains that could answer it more in depth.

I'm unsure about the specific power reporting akin to when you are looking at the single system and can see when it's been on, rebooted, hibernation, etc.  I'm sure a small tweak to one of the reports could provide that information.  The report boards are also pretty good about getting a skeleton of a report going.