cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ccdesktop
Champion Sweeper
I don't suppose there is any way of using a variable or even not specifying a "domain name" in the alternate credentials window...?

Basically, what does work is being able to scan a non-domain PC (on a workgroup) by using the actual computername as the domain (as expected). So for example if I want to scan non-domain pc called desktop01 I would use

Domain: desktop01
Username: desktop01\administrator
Password: myadminpassword

And this works fine.

What I would like to do (as firstly I don't know the computernames of all my non-domain pcs, nor would I want to manually have to specify them even if I did) is use a variable in here.

So for example:

Domain: %computername% (which is Windows variable) or {computer} whch LS uses
Username: %computername%\administrator

and so on.

I have tried both the above and also trying not to specify a domain at all - just administrator as the user name but LS requires a domain in this window.

I appreciate I may end up with lots of domains on the main dashboard screen - but I would consider writing a script to alter this in SQL so that we could consolidate these to a "workgroup" domain.

Any thoughts...?

Or will version 4 deal with the whole non-domain model...?

Look forward to hearing from you.
5 REPLIES 5
RRSD
Engaged Sweeper
OK so how would that look on your trigger config?

Would it look something like this \\OURSERVERNAME\Lansweeper\LSTools\LsTrigger\lstrigger.exe OURSERVERNAME {computer} {domain} {.\Administrator} {ourpassword}?

Or how would you add the username and password?
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
I haven't really tried it but I think this should work:

domain: WORKGROUP (or your workgroup name)
Username: .\username
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Lansweeper wrote:
I haven't really tried it but I think this should work:

domain: WORKGROUP (or your workgroup name)
Username: .\username

For anyone interested, this way you can scan a workgroup with alternate credentials using the latest lsclient version.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Not really.
ccdesktop
Champion Sweeper
I guess as this has been moved to the Wishlist then there is no way currently...?

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now