cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ARMC
Engaged Sweeper II
Due to the current limitations of the helpdesk system it is not possible to enable tickets to be auto assigned via round robin/etc.. if you have multiple shifts of technicians.

My organization has a 24/7 helpdesk which means we run 3 shifts of technicians. I would like the tickets to be auto-assigned to eliminate cherry picking that occurs due to self assignment. The issue is that the auto assignment system (when enabled) will assign tickets to agents that are not "on shift".

We are currently setup for manual login to the helpdesk so that technicians can logoff when they end their day but this has no affect on whether they get tickets assigned to them.

I would like to propose two options to resolve this issue.

1. Create a way to set a schedule per agent (i.e. Days vs. Time on the clock). This way the system will know that an agent is off shift and will skip them in the rotation.

1. Set a flag that if an agent is currently "logged off" from the helpdesk that they are also removed from the ticket assignment rotation.

Thanks for your consideration, as this is a matter of accountability amongst technicians and the tickets they complete and would be a valued functionality.
1 REPLY 1
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
Thank you for the feedback. I've moved your topic to the wishlish section of the forum and added your comments to the existing feature request.