cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
STFADMIN
Engaged Sweeper
Hi,
we use a Premium version.

We usually use a user relations in order to know who is in charge of the asset.

Sometimes the same asset is reassigned to another user, we would like to keep the history of the user.

We are currently using the comments field in the asset relations, we update comments with the end date of the assignment, before inserting the new one relation.
Then, only the asset relation without comment is considered to be active.
Obviously you need to get into the details of the asset (summary form) to check this, otherwise in others views it seems that there are multiple owners.

Is it possible implement a state of the relationship, such as "active / inactive".
The same thing on all situations where you can see asset relation?

We are ready to know any other suggestion if that update is not possibile.

I tried to search in the forum if there is the same issue but I didn't find it.

I hope I was clear.

Thank you in advance
Best regards
4 REPLIES 4
SNF
Engaged Sweeper
One possible solution would be to allow the relationship to be updated (as date and comment can be) so that you could swap from Owned By/Owns to Was Owned By/Used to Own. At least that way you could differentiate between current and past relationships in the pop-up, even if it meant creating multiple relationship types to do so.

[Last reply, honest]
SNF
Engaged Sweeper
Also, the pop-up summary for assets and users shows all user relationships EVER but without the date and not always in date order (seeming to sort alphabetically by relationship type then alphabetically by user) so summary is COMPLETELY misleading if you choose to retain historical data.
SNF
Engaged Sweeper
This does necessitate the use of dummy relationships to a manager/administrator whenever an asset returns to store though... not so bad for an asset that goes through a couple of users in its lifetime but a pain if it's a pool device.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
A relation state will most likely not be implemented to be honest. You can already assign a start date to a relation, which should be sufficient to keep a history. There is a specific date field for this; you don't need to use comments.

If you see the relations below for instance, you'll know that the user B relation is currently active, as it's the most recent one. A machine's Summary tab lists all user relations.

- Owned by user A, 30/09/2014
- Owned by user B, 20/10/2014

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now