cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ds
Engaged Sweeper

How can I limit the assets users will see when clicking on the assets concerning button? I've tried the Used By option under Assets from these relations are displayed. However, even though the AD grp is added as a Used By relation on assets (the user is in that AD grp) nothing shows up under All Assets when entering a ticket. A screenshot of the General Ticket settings is attached. Yes, I have tried User can select assets in the same location as checked and unchecked.

6 REPLIES 6
DonMario73
Engaged Sweeper III

I have the same requirement and opened a ticket with support.  They told me that this feature is not supported and I should open a feature request.

When I define a Used By reation for a single user, the user can see the assets in the same location.

ds
Engaged Sweeper

Thanks for this. So, if the used by is a single user it works, but an AD group will not work? 

DonMario73
Engaged Sweeper III

Hi again, today I receive the following reply from support:

"Unfortunately, the asset-to-user relations only work with real users and not with groups. Given that AD Groups can have multiple levels of recursion, this is not so straightforward to implement. It was never intended to work that way, so that would be feature request."

DonMario73
Engaged Sweeper III

Yes, it only works when configuring a single user.  Not with an AD group.

ErikT
Lansweeper Tech Support
Lansweeper Tech Support

Hi @ds,

To limit the assets users will see there are only two settings found in the Configuration > General Settings tab > Helpdesk Settings > General settings. 

On that page, you can find the options under the Users Permissions.

DonMario73
Engaged Sweeper III

Erik, in the ticket that I submitted to support I attached the following error message that randomly gets displayed when opening the AD group:

AD open error.png

Currently using version 11.1.7.   There seems to be a bug.  Not a feature that is not supported according to the reply from support.

Case number is 00583637.  Will appreciate if you can check the issue.

Regards

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now