→ Having trouble accessing our new support portal or creating a ticket? Please notify our team here

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AmiGeo
Engaged Sweeper

I need to do an inventory of all the USB attached bar code scanners but despite my research on the internet and in the community, I cannot find whether Lansweeper provide a way to do it, except for a post dating 2019 with a solution that won't work. What about you guys? Do you know how to run a report to do that?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Shawn_Crosby
Engaged Sweeper II

Sadly, as far as I'm aware, there isn't a way for Lansweeper to obtain the serial number.

I saw you replied to someone else about not seeing the device under Config>Hardware>USB Devices. Are you sure the asset you're checking is one that definitely had the scanner plugged in when Lansweeper last scanned it? If the answer is yes and you still don't see anything to identify it under the USB Devices section such as an accurate device name, then I don't think you'll be able to leverage Lansweeper for those scanners at all.

I was lucky enough that our webcams populated with an accurate name so that I could just take a count of all USB devices with a name that starts with X.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Mister_Nobody
Honored Sweeper II

Do you see bar code device on Asset-Config-Hardware-USB Devices page?

Post screenshot.

No I don't.

Capture d’écran 2024-06-13 071029.pngCapture d’écran 2024-06-13 070824.pngCapture d’écran 2024-06-13 071141.png

I think there is no solution...

Mister_Nobody
Honored Sweeper II
Select Top 1000000 tblAssets.AssetID,
  tblAssets.AssetName,
  tsysAssetTypes.AssetTypename,
  tsysAssetTypes.AssetTypeIcon10 As icon,
  tblAssets.IPAddress,
  tblUSBDevices.Name,
  tblUSBDevices.Manufacturer,
  tblUSBDevices.DeviceID,
  tblAssets.Lastseen,
  tblUSBDevices.LastChanged,
  tblAssets.OScode
From tblAssets
  Inner Join tblAssetCustom On tblAssets.AssetID = tblAssetCustom.AssetID
  Inner Join tsysAssetTypes On tsysAssetTypes.AssetType = tblAssets.Assettype
  Inner Join tblUSBDevices On tblAssets.AssetID = tblUSBDevices.AssetID
Where tblUSBDevices.Name like '%your_device_or_device_type%'  And
  tblAssetCustom.State = 1
Order By tblAssets.AssetName
Shawn_Crosby
Engaged Sweeper II

Hello,

I've created a report for USB attached webcams once. However, my objective was simply to find out what devices have webcams connected to them (which you could also use to get a total count of webcams).

Is your objective similar, or do you need to obtain additional information for the scanners such as serial numbers?

I certainly need to the serial number. The model and make would be very nice to have.

Shawn_Crosby
Engaged Sweeper II

Sadly, as far as I'm aware, there isn't a way for Lansweeper to obtain the serial number.

I saw you replied to someone else about not seeing the device under Config>Hardware>USB Devices. Are you sure the asset you're checking is one that definitely had the scanner plugged in when Lansweeper last scanned it? If the answer is yes and you still don't see anything to identify it under the USB Devices section such as an accurate device name, then I don't think you'll be able to leverage Lansweeper for those scanners at all.

I was lucky enough that our webcams populated with an accurate name so that I could just take a count of all USB devices with a name that starts with X.

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now